High Protein Foods?

tropicana

Besides the ones mentioned above, try frozen brine shrimp or krill, daphnia, anything in that direction. They might like some more than others - my fish don't look at the krill if I have brine shrimp for them.

mine like the krill but i buy the really small stuff and they have to soak forever to get them to sink but they are high in protein how do you feed the dafnia isnt it like sawdust? how would they eat that by themselves?

Ashley, you are using the freeze dried stuff, right? Now, that stuff is yucky to me... gross.... my hubby once brought that one home, and it just grossed me out. :lol1

I have the frozen kind, which are much easier to handle. They are still bigger, and I just cut them into bite size pieces, or rip them even.

Yes, daphnia is kind of small, kind of like little dots, and are only good for smaller fish. The bigger ones just can't see it, I think. If I feed daphnia to my bigger fish, I either work it into a gel food base food, so its bigger, since I am in charge of cutting it into the right sizes, or I drop in a whole cube of frozen daphnia before it gets the chance to thaw, and the fish will gobble up the whole cubes.