Aquarium Salt

Blue

As my bubble eyes and celestials tank is barebottom.I'm curious to try and figure out what these small particles are sitting on the bottom of the tank.I dissolve my aquarium salt in warm water prior to adding to the tank.It looked well disolved in the jug.Yet I have noticed there are particles on the bottom.I have just done a water change so could it be from the water or is it salt.I worry as I don't want my bubbles or tiny being hurt on un dissolved aquarium salt.Any ideas.

I can't see it being teeth it was in tank prior to the fish moving in and there seems a lot to be fish teeth.Your kidding about the teeth thing aren't you :unsure:

Edited by Blue

I wasnt kidding :) I'll take a pic for you :D

hmm, I think I know what you are talking about actually.. if it is that, I'm quite sure its harmless. I think its just broken down poop or something, maybe its that stuff you get on airline, that can go white and 'bitty' sometimes?

I *think* undissolved salt should look clear and crystal like in your tank, not solid white, whenever my salt doesn't dissolve all the way, the little pieces here and there look like little clear crystals.

I collect them, I have them in a little bag :heart

Ok.....I know people collect shark teeth, but goldfish teeth? :blink: lol how many have u got now, lucy? (oh, happy happy b'day btw ;) )

(lol thanks :) )

umm, I'm not sure, I collected them when I had barebottom, but now theres gravel there must be loads in there.. they seemed to lose a pair every month or so.

Edit: yea I'll take a pic tomorrow (or rather today.. its 3am here)

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

I *think* undissolved salt should look clear and crystal like in your tank, not solid white, whenever my salt doesn't dissolve all the way, the little pieces here and there look like little clear crystals.

These particles look white not clear like salt crystals do when they make contact with water.They look just like grains of salt.

Edited by Blue