Goldfish Species

Woowoo

As some of you know, i have 4 fish. My shubunkin is floating in a slanting manner at the top of the tank from time to time, he does also swim around with the other fish and he eats normally. My other 3 are acting normal. Swimming fine and acting like they do.

Is this something that shubunkin do? Or is this an illness?

Different breeds of goldfish can act slightly differently than others. Bubble eye fish tend to be a bit more sedentary than, say, shubunkins. But what you are describing is definately not normal.

I agree with the above poster. A shubunkin is a streamlined athelete of a fish - and as such should be swimming rapidly and gracefully around the tank in a bold and stable manner.

Water parameters are the first thing to check. I am going to move this to Disease Forum. There you will see a set of boxes at the top, with questions in them. If you would fill in as many as possible, it will help a lot in helping us diagnose the difficulties with your fish.

It doesn't make any sense, but (in my little experience) it seems like some fish are just more sensitive to stresses in the environment than others. Check your water first, and watch closely for other odd things like not eating.