Stop Filter Fish Seems To Like No Water Current At

Black oranda

Hey evry one well yesterday

i was cleaning the tank of my betta and i forgot the filter off.

Im so stupid.

Ifound this out maby 1 to 4 h later then i saw him

flaring like he hardly never does an swiming around like

crazy.

And guess what he started to make a bubble nest under the floating

water plants in my Aquarium his still building it

He seems to be alot more happier with the water lower and no flitration.

Shouls i keep it like this?

Guest sourmilknightmares

Yup. Try going without the filter if you don't mind cleaning it out more frequently. The male bettas especially seem to like little to no way dissruption.

I've noticed the same thing. I have a tiny whisper filter (it's called the "2-5" I think) and I keep it on the lowest setting... I tried turning it up one little tiny notch, it was hardly any difference, and the betta went and hid in a corner under a plant. It's not even fast enough to clean out any particles... I guess it's just bio-filtration at this point.

I took my filter out too.

I have my betta in a 10 gal tank, I test the water frequently. I usually vac the bottom lightly and change about 1/3 of the water per week.

I have never gotten ammonia readings ever, so I didn't bother putting the filter back in. I test for ammonia every 3 days, and so far it's been 0 every time.

If I buy another betta for that tank (to divide it in half) I would put the filter back in.

I also kept my betta in a 2.5 gal bowl to start with, and it would have low levels of ammonia every 4 days. So I needed to do a small water change every three days. That's why I don't like those bowls, they just aren't big enough :P

Jessica

Archived