My New Fry

JenW

Doodle is so good a choice, really cute!!!!!

Anette above- I love your new siggy ...mmmm..everyone with fry..I have to get in on this :blink::D

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly Imogen it's fun but them comes the spacing issue :yikes I've realised I can't physically fit another tank in my place so as they start to grow, the quesion of where to house them will become an issue.... Ah well, time to worry about that as they grow :D

And that's a great idea Anette - I think i'll set up an excel spreadsheet :rofl

Thanks guys :heart They really are little adults now with personalities of their own and what really amazes me is my one telescope is a real loner... He avoids his siblings like the plague although he does tend to follow Percy around... such an odd little fellow :heart

That's sweet, following Percy :D Maybe its a little girlie if she likes to swim more alone. I can't get over how huge they have gotten Jen. It's mid summer where you are isn't it so do you have / need heaters for them if so? They really are doing so well and all are so pretty and different :exactly .

How many are there?

Awww, thanks Imogen :heart It was a stinking hot day today and I had to put the fans on them and keep the lights off - as it was, the temp in their tanks got to 82. I did do waterchanges though so that brought the temps down some :D But usually it stays a steady 76-78 at this time of year - unless it gets up to over 32 degrees :o

:D What can I say,but that those little faces are the cutest, :heart I still can't get over how different they turned out.It's just so amazing,isn't it?Where's a close up of Percy and Doodle though? :D

Thanks guys :heart I'm a bit worried about one of them (and just quietly, he's always been one of my little favourites - although I do love them all :D ). He can't seem to open his mouth much :( I was watching them last night and he basically has to suck the flakes in so I took him out and placed him in a tub. Then I checked by softly pressing the sides of his mouth and it seems to open this way but it's almost as though he has no control. So this is a real concern. I did get a little toothpick and tested to see how much it would open and it opens fine like this but when he was back in the tank, the same again.... no real opening. I'm at a loss as to what to do but will just watch for now. If I see it getting worse - I may have to do something as it'll hinder his ability to breath and eat but with some luck, it'll hopefully resolve itself (although I don't see how) :(

I'll take some more pics this weekend because they really are growing and their colours are coming on nicely - such a cute bunch of mutts :D

I'm a bit worried about one of them (and just quietly, he's always been one of my little favourites - although I do love them all biggrin.gif ). He can't seem to open his mouth much sad.gif I was watching them last night and he basically has to suck the flakes in so I took him out and placed him in a tub. Then I checked by softly pressing the sides of his mouth and it seems to open this way but it's almost as though he has no control. So this is a real concern. I did get a little toothpick and tested to see how much it would open and it opens fine like this but when he was back in the tank, the same again.... no real opening. I'm at a loss as to what to do but will just watch for now. If I see it getting worse - I may have to do something as it'll hinder his ability to breath and eat but with some luck, it'll hopefully resolve itself (although I don't see how)

I am sorry about your little :heart . Hopefully it's not kinda brain tumor (which I read about this morning)

Thanks guys :heart Although looking over at him, he's doing real well :D He makes motions of sucking at gravel - just without an open mouth... With a bit of luck, he may come good yet because I think, besides my bubbleye, he's got the nicest body shape although some of the others are coming along nicely and they seem to be catching up :D

And Fred, I hope it's not a brain tumour also but unfortunately, there's got to be some reason he's having this trouble.... Ah well, time will tell I guess.