My New Fry

JenW

I was starting to think the postman, milkman - who knows? The only thing that stoped this train of thought is my milkman and postman aren't goldfish :lol:

:rofl Even funnier that when I read this quickly I read "my milkman and postman are goldfish!" :yikes The worrying thing is....it wouldn't surprise me sooo much :unsure::lol:

I don't know about the video Annette, any idea Jen?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - what kind of connection do you have Annette? I'm just not sure why it's not working... it can take ages to buffer :hmm

And Lol Imogen :D I don't quite know what i'd say if my postie turned out to be a massive celestial - I think my first thought would be "I wonder if he finds it difficult to read the addresses?"... :D

We actually have two connections to this computer, Optus dial-up and Optus broadband. It automatically goes onto broadband but the dial up is there for back up and because this is a work computer so I have my own dial-up connection for legal reasons.

The computer was configured by John's work so it probably has all these safeguards that are built-in. Oh well, tough luck for me I guess but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth (if you get my meaning).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks SQ :D and Sharon, the latest is that video on YouTube :D

They moved house last weekend from the bare 20 gallon into the 50 with Percy my celestial and Purdy, my little ryukin that has growth issues. She hasn't grown in 3 years :yikes

They're loving their new home - first time with substrate and plants and as I'm constantly watching them, they never stay still. They seem to have adopted Percy and tend to follow him all over the place which I'm sure he loves. His other tankmates used to leave him alone so he'd stay on the bottom of the tank in the corner and I always had the impression he got lonely and now he's swimming all over the tank - even trying to follow the little guys around (hard for a celestial) so this is really nice for him :D

Here's the video I took of them last weekend after they just entered the tank:

:D

They look so happy in there :heart And nice company for Percy and Purdy as you say. All of them are so active and shiny and big :happydance for their age. Good work Mom :D Now I'm wondering what you have in your balcony tub Jen ?

Thanks Imogen :D Unfortunately I don't have any fish in the outdoor tub because I get an enormous amount of wild birds around and I know the kookaburras would love to feast on goldies :o Another reason is the upstairs balcony needs to be replaced so there'll be too much sawdust etc for them to live out there safely ....

Maybe next year :D

Lol Sharon, you've already seen the first one but I took the second especially for you :D

:rofl How can you not love or want a Percy!!! He makes me smile as soon as I see him. :heart

And those babies!!! I swear they've grown since the last video---I know,it's like overnite.

I want that Tele........ :yeah: What are you going to name him???

That is a wonderful video! (I like the background bird song :D )Nice to have the pauses too so I could look around and hunt down all those different colored and shaped babies :heart They are so active!! Whatever you are doing you are doing so right! Have you decided on ...names?? :D

Edited by Trinket

Thanks Sharon, Kat and Kat .... :D I do love my Percy to bits :heart

Honestly Sharon, I've run out of ideas but will try to come up with some, especially for this little telescope :D I was thinking of Doodle :rofl or worse still Noodle :thud Although he kinda looks like a Freddy or Jonah :rolleyes: I dunno - what do you think? I do like the name Basil though :rofl

:rofl I think he looks like a Doodle. :heart:rofl I have to say that I came very close to naming one of my Moors Basil,believe it or not. I kept forgetting "Basil" though,and would accidently call him Benny. :rolleyes: Needless to say that it must have been his fate,because in the end,he ended up to be Benny. :D

That is a wonderful video! (I like the background bird song )Nice to have the pauses too so I could look around and hunt down all those different colored and shaped babies :heart They are so active!! Whatever you are doing you are doing so right! Have you decided on ...names??

:rofl I just listened to it with sound and can't believe my lovebird's calls came through. He does this when he wants to come out of his cage (it's like he has an inbuilt clock)... almost as though he's saying hello? hello? ummm hello? :rofl

And I tried to think of names for them all - and actually succeeded but within 8 hours, i'd forgotten everyone of them, except Doodle :rofl

I think i'll call the rest Basil One, Basil Two... etc

And Sharon, Doodle it is :D Although.... i'm liking Benny also... :hmm:D

You will have to write down the names you choose, so you won't forget them! :rofl But maybe don't all names comes to you at the same time, some fish are hard to find names for! :D