My New Fry

JenW

Thanks guys and they're doing real well Katalyst :D The calico's are definitely growing faster... although there's about 3 fry in there that are 3 weeks younger then the others. Once I get the 100 set up, they can move into a bigger tank and I'm sure this'll help their growth (although I do daily waterchanges to make sure it's always fresh :D )

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annette, what I do is put the mouse marker onto the still video pic/black video square and click. Sometimes the site is down and it doesn't work though.

Thanks guys and they're doing real well Katalyst :D The calico's are definitely growing faster... although there's about 3 fry in there that are 3 weeks younger then the others. Once I get the 100 set up, they can move into a bigger tank and I'm sure this'll help their growth (although I do daily waterchanges to make sure it's always fresh :D )

:unsure: Once you get the 100 set up??????What the heck did I miss ???? :rofl

The video was great,and I want to see the rest of all your pets! :yeah::rofl And your Balcony.

Thanks Erin :D And that little fellow seems to be a bit of a loner - he likes to swim alone :D

No, you don't have to sign up Annette ... what happens when you click on the link? Or double click? Does it take you to YouTube?

Sharon - this is an early Xmas present from my brother because I was starting to worry about space for these guys and I ended up causing my own problems by feeding the magpies and kookaburras from my balcony. They now come to see me and if the tub was set up with fish, they'd just hook in so I'm having second thoughts about putting my guys out there. My brother went to an aquarium builder who built a 3.5 x 2 x 2 with a simple stand - i've just finished painting it :D The biggest problem I have is powerpoints (as you know) so i'll have to call an electrician. That and filtration for it :blink:

I've put the stand in place and now I can't move because there's 3 tubs of fish on the floor although i set up the 40 gallon which was going to be for the fry but my 2 rough/naughty moors are currently in there. I should take a picture so you can see what a real bomb site looks like :rofl

And once I charge the batteries for my camera, i'll take some more pics of the balcony - it seems to be taking forever :thud

----------

I just fired up the camera and took a couple of shots from above. The colours are starting to become interesting and the little telescope from one of the earlier pics is now almost completely black - so maybe my long awaited blackmoor fry? Not sure though :D

Anyhow, here's a couple of pics:

DSCN2076.jpg

DSCN2075.jpg

DSCN2074.jpg

:o Oh my....The change is quite drastic just from the last pics.And your little Tele,sure looks like a Moor to me-I'm soooooooo Jealous!!! :crying: And yet thrilled for you. :exactly Would you look at some of the bellies on those guys! What little "chubbs" they're becoming.... :heart

Thanks guys and they're doing so well. They move into a bigger tank today/tomorrow so hopefully their growth rate will increase :D

Aren't they just the fattest? :o I'm still feeding them 5 times a day but i've noticed their poop has decreased so they're hopefully absorbing most of the food :D

I think this little guy is a moor because he's getting blacker and blacker whereas my original 3 fry only stayed black for a few days... plus this is the first true telescope i've got (or earliest developer) :D

I think there's definitely some of chester's offspring and he's a ryukin so they'll be half ryukin but the mother has to be my calico ranchu :hmm Not much of a body similarity there... I'm looking forward to seeing them at around an 1.5 inches (they're just under now) :nana

They are looking so good now Jen! And so different in the latest pic! The telescope has completely changed-its amazing to see that dramatic color change - wow a black moor!!! :goodjob Are you sure there was not a postman fish parent somewhere :rofl

Jen, they are gorgeous and quite chubby too.

When I click on your link it takes me to YouTube and it shows on the right margin your video under the heading "now playing". But I can't actually get your video to play no matter what I click. Garion says we just can't do it on some sites, including Youtube, but on other sites we can - weird!