My New Fry

JenW

Thanks Anette :heart I think it's just a darker variation on the dull gold :D Some of them are light in colour while the others are a bit darker :D I think I made mistakes with the first ones that i'm trying to resolve this time around and one of those things is feeding. I feed them 6 times a day now and they're growing faster then the first batch did althought the first batch were in green water so they had a bit of algae to munch on :D

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) These guys do seem to look healthier than ever Jen,so hopefully any problems you've been having are all done with now.

I found Goldfish eggs in my bigger tank in the last two days,but I've kind of left them be.

Chloe(Red Cap) is bottom sitting and the female Lionhead who I think may have been the egg layer is hiding in the top corner. There are just too many different types of fish in there.I didn't see any actual chasing,but I did see the one male Red Cap nudging the Lionheads butt. :rolleyes:

I'm really starting to wish that I had all males. :krazy:

Thanks guys :D And yeah, I'm starting to wish the same thing Sharon, espcially after losing Moo. But having said that, I can't get over my 2 male moors, chasing my other male telescope all over the tank thinking he'll drop eggs. I'm only having problems with these 2 and it's starting to stress my telescope as much as it's stressing me. I may have to set up the 40 I dismantled (although i'm clueless what plugs I can use) for just these 2. Either that or I might fill up the black outdoor tub and put them out there.... :blink:

I too want to see more pics, they are so cute. Are there any single tailed left? It looks like there are some in the pics.

Edited by Crush

Well, for today's update - these guys are growing much faster then my other 3 did. I think i'm feeding them too much :o

And no Sharon, I've still got them inside. It's too hard to monitor them in a black tub so I thought a nicely heated tank and many feedings inside might be better for them. I still have 11 so no casualties for over a week <touches wood>. There's about 4 different breeds in there - mutts most likely but all individual and unique in my eyes :D

There's still a couple of single tailed fish but it looks like some were just 2 sides stuck together (if that makes sense?) They've split into 2 tails although there's still 2 definite single tailed guys there.

Here's some pics that show their faces ..... and their very fat bellies (please excuse the manky glass - it's a bit of salt residue) :D

orangeranchu2.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

DSCN1518.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

Awww Jen! :kewlpics: These latest pics really made me smile..they are like little round shiny christmas tree decorations :heart:heart So very chubby and look at that healthy fat poop :ignore . You can be proud! And it does certainly look like a mixture you have there, some rounder faces which could be oranda mix...

:o Holy cow Jen!!!!!!Will you look at the size of their bellies!! :rofl They are too cute. This should turn out quite interesting to see just what they end up looking like,and I can't wait. :exactly

Lol thanks Imogen - they are like little shiny Chrissy decorations :D They're such a pleasure to watch, these guys eat from my fingers and whenever I come near the glass, they all scoot over to see what I'm doing. This is vastly different to my first batch. They've got such personalities already :heart

I think there's a couple of oranda(ish) faces there also - those funny rounded heads give them away :D

And that poop! :ignore I think i'm feeding them too much hence the 10 mile trail behind them :rofl

They sure have... I'm definitely going to put this lot into the outdoor tub when they're big enough :D I'm still trying to figure out what they all are - there's about 4 different kinds in there :D

:blink: I have come to the conclusion that I suck with pics. I have never read my camera instructions,and now that I moved-I can't even find them. :krazy:

I made a video somehow,and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer it. :rofl

Yeah - I know what you mean. I just did a test run and it automatically saves it as a quicktime file so I just copy it onto my harddrive (thank gawd that part was easy). I just replayed it and you'd think i'd had a few too many :alc - it was all over the shop :D

So will try to find something stationery to sit it on... :D