My New Fry

JenW

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too :exactly .

I love the baby threads. Everyone is doing so well with fry these days. Must be all the good info passed around :) Jen, your babes are almost fully grown! Time to start again? :rofl

Thanks guys :D And ummmm .... no Imogen, I don't think so :D Unless.... well Wilbur my blue oranda who turned out to be a girl (as I saw no breeding stars) has since confirmed that he actually is a boy :thud For the first time, he's got his little spots .... now if only I could get my hands on a female blue :hmm Well, at least he now suits his name :D

As for my 11 fry, i just noticed another little white one's eye's are protruding - so definitely a sibling of my other tele.... just a late developer i'm thinking :D

And Sharon, i'll try and take some more pics tonight :D

I'll second that!!! I couldn't remember your saying there were 2 teles but I saw 2! At the back in one pic, there definately looks to be another little tele. We'll have to have a close up please when you get a chance :D

I took a bunch of pics today/tonight - which I'll post below. I tried to get individual pics of each of them but was sadly defeated - they just wouldn't stay still long enough :D

Here's Doodle

DSCN2589.jpg

And here's Basil - the little fella who has trouble eating

DSCN2645.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

The one on the right in the next pic is developing telescope eyes

DSCN2581.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

And now some random shots

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2616.jpg

DSCN2630.jpg

To avoid overkill (probably too late) I'll update again when they grow a bit bigger :D

Oh, my - that shot of Doodle is just too cute for words!

I wish I could take such good pictures...... your fish are so pretty and your camera work does them justice. :)

That's an adorable bunch of mutts! :D How on earth do you make them all look at you in that group shot! Too cute! And yes I thought that I saw one more little telescope appearing!

wELL! I just sat down and read this enitre thread! It was much more enjoyable than putting away laundry, which is what i really SHould be doing. Wow Jen! Raising those gorgeous little guys from fry to fish seems like such a rewarding and heart-breaking experience. To feel such loss, but also such pride must be a never ending rollercoaster ride. Well, it goes without saying that you've done a tremendous job, more than worthy of inspiration! I loved reading this thread, and hope to hear more about the continuing adventures of Doodle, Basil, Percy et al in the future!

:) Everytime I see these guys,I feel so proud as they continue to get prettier.That Little Doodle is still something else though :heart and isn't it wonderful that another is getting the tele eyes. :D

I loved that first random pic of them all frozen in space.They look to be thinking,"So where's the food Lady?" :rofl

Jen you've done an amazing job. :heart (And pics are never overkill---in fact ,I want more!!!!) :exactly

Thanks guys :heart And Carol, I can't take any credit for the shots, it's definitely the camera. I've yet to read the instructions for the silly thing and i've had it for 1.5 years - so I still don't know what it can do :D

Lol @ dana - that's the story of my life. There's been so many times when I should be doing housework yet end up just mucking around on the board. I have no discipline :D

I'm chuffed there's another tele in the works Sharon although it looks like I may have 4 coming through.... at least I hope that's what it is and not popeye :yikes

And fuzzy - percy only shows up in the last shot. Strange really when he usually manages to get his head in most of them :D

Isn't that interesting that Doodle had the tele eyes so fast,and these guys decided at the last minute.

I would love to get some tele babies out of a group of eggs. :hmm I wonder who I can match up together?

I wish my Moors were interested... :rolleyes::rofl More pics Jen!!

Jen your pictures are fantastic/hysterical. I swear in the first group shot they all look ready to salute! The second group shot looks like they are dancing. :heart

Doodle is so cute! Have Basil's siblings not explained to him that he is goldfish? Therefore he should eat like a pig? :rofl Hope he's on the mend soon!

Your tank is gorgeus!

Thanks guys :D

And I know Sharon - he must be one of those early bloomers. I remember when I thought the poor thing was developing popeye especially as I had no idea they developed their tele eyes so early :D

I think Basil would love to become a pig Kat but unfortunately his mouth barely opens. I watched him for a while tonight though and he seems to have success sucking soaked flakes in so it looks as though he's ok there :D

Here's a pic of George, who appears to be the second one developing tele eyes although I have to apologise as there's way too much light on him so he appears over exposed... ah well, that's poor photography for you :rolleyes:

george.jpg

Oh George is a darling! :heart Absolutely adoreable. Yes, I'll bet there will be another few tellies coming...I looked back at the pics. Are you sure the orange and white one is not a ryukin...that hump...and 2 lemonheads..no? my goodness here's the Bradys :heart:D It is so much fun for us all seeing the updates and their progress Jen :D

:rolleyes: Oh C'mon Jen...even over exposed pics of yours are better than mine,and I love George too! :D Is he completely white? Or is he one of the ones that have a yellowish tint to their face?

He's completely white Sharon - and I mean completely :D There's a couple of pure white's there but each are different breeds :rolleyes:

I think there's a couple of young ryukins in there Imo and that orange and white is by far the biggest out of all the fry :D

Here's one that's starting to develop a hump - but who know's if it'll continue?

DSCN2571-1.jpg

It'll be nice to watch...

I think there may be 3 teles out of the lot - and the third one is that little lemon head who is almost identical to George - so he may be a latest bloomer, although I could be wrong :D

Then there's a couple that I have absolutely no idea about - I guess i'll have to wait until they're bigger before identification becomes easier ... It's such a puzzle trying to figure them out :blink::D