My New Fry

JenW

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take more pics of them tomorrow and I have to say, they've grown bigger still. There's one fry who's almost as big as Percy although he's always been the biggest of the group :D

David, they're currently in the 50 just so I could keep them together while small but i'll be spreading them out very soon and placing 3 into the 90 and 3 into the 110. The 110 is understocked by 3 fish (houses 8 at the moment) while the 90 can take on 2 more (so one extra won't hurt while this small). That'll leave 5 fry and 2 smaller adult fish in the 50 :D

Sheesh but i'm starting to worry about when they get bigger.... going on the 10 gallon rule, I'll need one more 30 :thud

I'll take more pics of them tomorrow and I have to say, they've grown bigger still. There's one fry who's almost as big as Percy although he's always been the biggest of the group :D

David, they're currently in the 50 just so I could keep them together while small but i'll be spreading them out very soon and placing 3 into the 90 and 3 into the 110. The 110 is understocked by 3 fish (houses 8 at the moment) while the 90 can take on 2 more (so one extra won't hurt while this small). That'll leave 5 fry and 2 smaller adult fish in the 50 :D

Sheesh but i'm starting to worry about when they get bigger.... going on the 10 gallon rule, I'll need one more 30 :thud

ANd an Electrician for a Husband!!! :rofl

:rolleyes: For those of you who dont get that,Jens got every outlet and then some being used by fish tanks! :rofl If she wants toast in the morning,she sits the bread on top of the tank lights-gives it a few,and then flips the bread over. :tomuch::rofl3

Oh,I don't know if I can take waiting until tomorrow...................... :hmm:tantrum:crying:

:rofl I wonder if that'd actually work? I must give it a try..... :rofl I couldn't even find a plug for my fan today and the strange thing is, I know I had one 2 days ago :hmm Now if I could just get my brother's friend over (an electrician) to put in some more powerpoints - i'd be a very happy person, yes indeedy :D

And I'll definitely take some pics tomorrow - especially as it's 3.30am here and the little fellas are all asleep :D

:rolleyes: I am quite sure that although it's 3:30 am, that all your fish are sitting at the front of their tanks watching you in the semi-dark,and wandering what the computer has,that they don't? :hmm:rofl3

I think Jen has to sleep SOMETIME! And she has to catch all those little electrons that are running around - they can be quite elusive at times.....

Jen needs more "goes-in-to"..... in fact, I think most of us could use a bit more in our fish rooms, too!!!!

I was just looking at the breaker box the other day - we have a bad breaker in there. To fix that means the whole house will have to be shut down for a bit. That is definately something I am DREADING..... not something to do during a blizzard.

Good luck, Jen. I hope you find some spare electrons hiding under the bed.

:yeah::rofl

I think Jen has to sleep SOMETIME! And she has to catch all those little electrons that are running around - they can be quite elusive at times.....

Jen needs more "goes-in-to"..... in fact, I think most of us could use a bit more in our fish rooms, too!!!!

I was just looking at the breaker box the other day - we have a bad breaker in there. To fix that means the whole house will have to be shut down for a bit. That is definately something I am DREADING..... not something to do during a blizzard.

Good luck, Jen. I hope you find some spare electrons hiding under the bed.

:yeah::rofl

Lol yeah - I just received a quote to rigg up another 10 wall points so this is good news, good news indeed :D

Oh my GOD!!! That is a neat little bunch of... they are all different in colors and markings... are you sure these are your fry??? They are so big!! Gorgeous!!

Thanks Fred :D

And Carol, there's only 11 of them so they'll be living their lives here - plus, they're such a bunch of mutts, I don't know if anyone else would want them. In my eyes, they're very pretty but others may and probably would see them differently :D

Oh my GOD!!! That is a neat little bunch of... they are all different in colors and markings... are you sure these are your fry??? They are so big!! Gorgeous!!

Lol - Anette :D I pinched these guys from my next door neighbour :rofl

They seem to be in a bit of a growth spurt at the moment and there's definitely a couple that are double the size of the others which makes me wonder, who are the parents? :hmm

Being beautiful in the eyes of their caretaker is all a pretty little fish can ask for! I think they are lovely.

That is 110 gallons!!!! :krazy:

I am looking at about 40-60 fry now, and have another 500 hatching in about a day.....

I am NOT going to keep them all!!!!

More power to you! :hug:)

I was lucky at Christmas, my brother gave me a 110 gallon especially for these guys :D Mind you, I have some of my bigger guys in there now but eventually i'll spread this 11 out to the 50, 90 and 110 :D

That's one heck of a lot of fry Carol and i still mourn the fact that I'll never be able to have one (or two or three....) of Sterling's offspring... :( So I'll just have to look forward to the pics you post as they develop :D

:heart Auntie SHaron wants to come see these sweeties in person. :heart and then snatch Percy and Doodle, and maybe the white one with the orange spot and orange fins.(Is that the one with the mouth problem?) Oh I like the white one with the yellow face too. :rofl:yeah:

That's the one Sharon - and he still has trouble eating. Hopefully as he grows, his mouth will widen along with him - just enough to eat down some food daily. I'm really partial to Doodle though - he's got so much attitude for such a little pipsqueak :D

And thanks Kat :D I just looked at the pics again and didn't realise it before but you're right, Percy's definitely hogging all the action... funny little thing he is. I'm sure he does it deliberately :D