My New Fry

JenW

Thanks Sharon :D I just like the colours in the pic but will no doubt change it again soon - I do love this little girl though - she's a sweetie :D I'm just about to upload more pics of my fry - darn things won't stay still for a photo :rolleyes:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl Man are they cute or what????

I'm looking at all the colors/sizes,etc..I'm sorry,but I think my favorite is still Doodle's the Tele. :hmm You did end up calling him Doodle didn't you? :rolleyes: Well,that's his name to me anyway... :D

Wish I knew what to tell you on that first fry Jen.Looking at him,he seems to be healthy/fat /and growing.I sure hope he continues that way as he's also a cutie pie.

Every time I see Percy,I have to laugh .I want one just like him. :heart

And that last pic is hysterical!!! :rofl Looks like they all got caught with their fins in the Bloodworm jar. :rofl

You take the best pics---I need a new camera bad.

Thanks guys :D And Sharon, Percy seems to follow them around now. He was never so active sharing the tank with adult fish but now he's a swimmin this way and that - I think he loves his little tankmates :D

This is another I got of him - he's just so kooky looking :D

DSCN2408.jpg

I did call the little bubbleye Doodle :rofl He has the biggest eyes and he really is a doodle :D

I'm just hoping the little guy with the mouth problems improves as he gets older... not much else I can do unfortunately :blink:

Thanks Fred :heart Well, some are about 2 inches (including tail) while there's still a couple that are only about 1 (and a bit) inch :D There's some who're almost as big as Percy but being a celestial, his rate of growth will most likely be much slower then my fry :D

:o Oh wow, they are just sooo beautiful Jen! :heart Doodle is supercute!! Percy is adorable too - I'd never seen him before. I'm so pleased they're doing so well - lovin' the picture updates!

BTW I love your new avatar picture too! :exactly

Edited by mrbumblebee

Ooooh - thanks so much guys and I think there's definitely some ryukin mix in there - some of them have a calico ryukin and calico ranch for parents... I'm still trying to figure out my little telescope because he's the only one i've ever had that has the tele eyes... and yet, he comes from the same parents as my first 3 fry - who still have flat eyes :hmm Strange, very strange :D

:hmm Hey Jen,dumb question here...could you tell immediately the difference between your fry? Won came from 2 Red Orandas,and since I have two sets of eggs with different mothers,are you able to tell immediately? These guys are little and I'm having a hard time seeing all. :blink::krazy:

wow a ranchu with a ruykin...now thats gonna be interesting! They dohave the humps for sure.

Are any missing a dorsal fin?

If not then maybe the ruykin gene is stronger.

as for the telescope thats a mystery...you sure there was no other "daddy"?

on page 12 the pics are delightful

I must say I love the one with the mouth problem, such lovely bright scales!! The white is like snow. I hope he goes ok as he is toooooooo cute for words.

his tail is short with a slight tuck so a Ranchu cross? and he got a slight hump, very small so was he crossed with the ruykin?

either way I think he is my fav

2nd fav has to be the gold one with the grey/black trimmings on his fins................want to sell him?????????

:)

The little fella with the mouth problem is one of 3 that came from the same parents and their tails are all the same - my female ranchu is definitely the mother (she's the only female in the tank these eggs came from).. and you're right, I think the ryukin definitely has the stronger genes there :D

The one you like is my biggest - he changes colour weekly so hopefully his colours will come along nicely and soon :D And yes I'd give him to you but we're not allowed to send fish by Aussie Post :o Could you image how damaged he'd be when he arrived? (this is based on how shabby some of my ebay purchases turn up) :D

Oh my stars, those fry are soooo adorable!! I would sit in front of that tank all day just watching all the action in there!! They are just so cute. Congrats again and thanks for all the videos and pics. What a great thread! :heart

*Off to encourage fish to spawn . . .*

:hmm Hey Jen,dumb question here...could you tell immediately the difference between your fry? Won came from 2 Red Orandas,and since I have two sets of eggs with different mothers,are you able to tell immediately? These guys are little and I'm having a hard time seeing all. :blink:

I must've been blind Sharon - I didn't see this :o I only know which ones came from my ranchu and ryukin because I kept them separate (they are a week younger) but as for the others, I'm still clueless who the parents are :rolleyes: There's a couple there that just don't resemble any of my adults - so I guess it'll be a wait and see :D

:heart And thanks fantailfan :D

• 2 weeks later...

They all look so healthy and shiny Jen :D . Doodle is just so handsome and look at Percy! I so love his little kooky expression too and nice to hear that he is joining in and swimming with the others.