Sign in to follow this  
froggydella

"winterizing"

:rofl It looks that way, Doesn't it? I think he was just playing. That pic is from when Hurley was a kitten.

There is nothing in the pond but the Frog's, Fishcrazy :)

i think those frogs look more like this kind Green frog

i think the frogs will come back after the winter. my neihbor has a pond and his freezes over completely and after it thaws out there are always at least 10 frogs there everyday.

Edited by fishermoe14

Yep, I think they look like the pic also :) Thanks. It's good knowing that they will more than likely come back. I get such a kick out of them.

What color are their bellies though? That green frog looks like he has a green belly. Bullfrogs have a creamy white underside. Mine are definetly bullfrogs.

What color are their bellies though? That green frog looks like he has a green belly. Bullfrogs have a creamy white underside. Mine are definetly bullfrogs.

Hmm, Well if their still out this weekend I'll take a peak at their bellie's. I want to say that they are mostly Green.

Aren't Bullfrog's pretty noisy?

They are extremely noisy, but mine haven't uttered a peep yet. I'm guessing that yours are about the same age as mine, so maybe they don't start their "calling" until they're mature, or at least a bit older? I haven't been able to find ANYTHING about bullfrogs and the age at which they start their serenading.

I think the Frog's have all gone into hiding now, It got SO cold here and fast too. I hope they found somehwere warm and snuggly to sleep for the Winter. :)

Are your's gone now Erika?

Mine are still here, although they stay in the water more now. I'm going to get their "winter nest" set up this week sometime. The large one hung out with me for awhile yesterday afternoon and watched me do a water change. She's been handled quite a bit and is very tame. We call her "Big Frog". How original. :rolleyes: