Tubifex Worms

Guest JNic04

well, I bought some tubifex worms today for my GF. I thought they needed more protien in their diet as well as variety. I wasnt really sure how to feed it to them. The bottle says "Press the cube firmly against the side of your aquarium well below the water line. The fish will soon discover the cube and eagerly devour it."

so I did that and they didnt exactly "eagerly devour" it. They barely picked at it. My oranda started to attack it cause she realized it was food but then she lost interest in a few seconds. My other little guy didnt even touch it. I dont think he noticed it. So now it is floating at the top of the tank under a piece of my snail's half-eaten lettuce.

did i not feed it to them right? are they just spoiled little fish? Im confused. Maybe they are strictly vegitarian fish? I dont know. Anyone know why they did that? :blink:

Those things never stick to the glass. I just toss a couple in and let them float.

That way when someone gets hungry they can eat what they want to.

yeah, i gave up on trying to make it stick to the glass. I guess Ill try feeding it to them a few more times and if they still dont like it i wont buy it agian. Ill have to find something else they like. Any suggestions?

Treats are always good. They can eat many different things: lettuce, spinach,

cucumber, zucchini, oranges, apples, watermelon, peas, dehydrated seaweed,

shrimp, krill, bloodworms, earthworms(put in paper towel for 2 days to purge

the dirt out of their system). Plus they may like some other things you'd never

think of.

Guest Bunnylee

Mine did not like them at first either. I kept trying and now they love them. Just be patient. I just squish mine really hard and leave my finger on them until the air is completely out and then it sticks . Its funny to watch my fish nibble around my finger to get to them. I have to tap Piglet on the nose gently to give everyone else a chance at them because he will pull the entire cube off the glass at once and gulp the whole thing down ..... :lol:

wow, that must be a big fish! I cant wait until mine get huge!

well, i fed it to them again today and aparently they like it now. yay! Im gonna try all those other things (well, maybe not the earthworms). I already know they LOVE cucumber and peas. I tried banana once and they didnt eat that. Its funny how you can tell weather they love or hate something so easily.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, yea i use tubiflex worms, the wardley one, and my fish are still smal like 1.5 inches and well i just take basicaly a finger nail full and submerge it in the watter and put it itn the flow from the filter so it gets dispersed around the tank and then my fish goes crazy for it. How much does a whole cube feed? i only got one fish currently and he loves the small amounts(*don't wna to over feed, just do it a few times a day), but i am curious how much a full cube feeds...

Thanks

CHeers

Archived