Long Nose Elephant Fish?

Sushi67

Well a couple months ago I saw a very interesting fish at a pet store. It was called a long nose elephant fish. At first I thought there was something wrong with it but my mother told me thats what they look like. My mom said it was like a dolphin but tiny( :blink: ). I found a little bit of information on the fish but I need help figuring out how to care for one. I believe its a tropical fish. I know it gives of some electricity or something but is is strong enough to harm another fish?

small_elephant_nose.jpg

They are really sensitive to their water too, I think a water company used to keep them in the water and if they died or acted wierd they knew something was wrong or something.. kinda like canaries in the mines.

Thats interesting and kind of a good idea but poor fishies being used as test subjects. I found a great site that talks about them but still no info on tanks for them. Seems like they are hard to care for and are extremely sensitive.

i think they are sooo cute i dont know how many gallons one needs i was thinking about getting one b/c they are so cute but when i saw them at the petstore about a week ago the worker told me they needed only 5 gallons which i know is wrong. i wish that was all they needed i would have gotten one.

well if anyone knows how many gallons one fish needs that would be great.