Can I....?

tropicana

incase any of you are wondering and heard my story before, i had a comet and moor in my tank (i know comet and moor isn't a good solution, but he is in my dad's pond now), my moor sprayed her eggs and i thought the comet ould fertilize them, but he didn't so i used my sister's calico telescope to, and now i have 6 out of 15 (that actually hatched) left, so i was wondering can i put them in a separate tank?

Well, that depends on a few things. How big is the tank the fry are in now? Do they have an airstone? What temperature is the tank? What are you feeding them?

They are pretty sensitive creatures, and if the water temperature fluctates a lot between day and night (even slight temperatures), then its best to have a heater in there. Airstone definetely is a must, it supplies them with needed oxygen. Although a strong current isn't good, best if the airstone only produces a couple of bubbles per second. You can control it by adding a air valve to the setup. It lets you regulate the strength of the bubbles.

Best also if the depth of the water isn't higher than 6 inches. Otherwise the water pressure will crush their fragile bodies. Same with too much airation, hence the very low bubble flow.

they're fine and growing now! i've done everything ranchugirl said, and i got them out with a soft net and put the transpost container under the water so the fry don't become stressed

Edited by tropicana

Ah...understand. My fry are around 6 day old and I was wondering if I should put them in another container. My current container is really small 14"x14" plastic tub. I had about 15 but I am now down to 8, if not 7.