Question...

tropicana

it's a 50 gal. and i've got 3 goldies in there plus 3 loaches

It is not really advisable to keep any kind of tropical fish with goldfish as they have different needs. A 50 gal tank is a good size tank, but female bettas need to be kept in groups either in their own tank (10 gallons upwards) or sometimes as part of a community tropical tank, stocked with caution :)

There are loads of threads on the forum about female bettas and tank setups, take a look through for some more detailed advice about it

I'm don't have a female betta tank myself, but from what I understand you can keep 3-5 female bettas in a 10 gallon tank, so in a 30 gal you could proably keep even more, possibly some other small tropicals as well - but with caution as to what you add.

So, if you just want a few female bettas, a 10-20 gallons would be great. Obviously more space is better. Female bettas have their own specific needs like all fish, so you need to make sure you provide the right environment and conditions for them.

Maybe do a key word search on this forum? From memory there are loads of female betta threads around.

You will get a lot of information that way.

Other than that, if you want to ask specifc questions I know there are a few members here with female betta tanks, like Sushi and d_golem and I'm sure they can help you too

Good luck with it! :)

Archived