Any Divers Here?

Reef Man

I don't know if there are any divers here on this site....but I was able to pic up a new dive computer....a wisdom...and a new Avid BCD....very happy with both....It was time to upgrade!!!!

If you are certified what kind of certification do you have???

Cool tinkerbell. Egypt....the red sea....wow...sweet....never dove there but will some day....

Cool Blue...I am not dry suit certified yet...haven't needed it...I go mostly warm water diving....I know that you can do dry suit there also but well, I just haven't don that yet....

So were have you all dove??? DO you own any dive equip....if so what???

Most of my diving has been done in the UK.However when I visit my friends in Corfu I go diving with the waterhoppers dive school there.Theres a nice dive spot on corfu where there are loads of Octopus I love octopus.I have even dived with seals in UK.I must dig out some of my marine photo's Ive taken when diving.

I have both a dry suit and semi dry wetsuit both made to measure.Most of my gear is by scuba pro.I have a Buddy Stab Jacket among other things in all I own over a thousand ponds worth of gear.Some is much overdue an up grade.

Oooh, I'm so envious reading all these posts!! I have always, always wanted to get SCUBA certified. Course, living here in the Valley makes it a little tougher than if I were at the coast, but I read about some program where you can actually get certified in a pool and learn everything.

A good friend of mine (and fellow SW addict, haha) and I have decided that one of these days when we have money :rolleyes: we're going to go get certified. Our coasts around Central California are very rough and rocky, not at all tropical or clear, but I think they would still be so fascinating to dive. I'd especially enjoy all the kelp forests and everything.

One main thing people always mention when I tell them I want to dive is sharks. There do happen to be a lot around here but I know attacks are so rare. What do you guys tell people about sharks?

I just love diving were there are sharks.... If you leave them alone they usually leave you alone.... The Great Whites, Bull and just a few others are more aggressive and I stay low and then find a way to exit the water if they hang around...but they are magnificent critters....

PS.... I live in the Phoenix Valley.... No excuse for not getting into diving!!!! :D

Edited by Reef Man

LOL! I guess you are more desert-bound than I am! So where do you usually dive?

That is interesting about the sharks. I always figured the same thing?leave them alone and they won't bother you. I've never worried too too much about them. I would just be cautious and be aware that they may be out there. My dad used to always see them when he was surfing off the coast.

One thing I've really wanted to get into after I learn to dive (and go to the tropics) is live shell collection. I LOVE collecting shells and would like the opportunity to eventually start getting live specimens (shh, I feel bad because I'm a snail lover, too, but I do love shell collecting!).

I dont, but want to sometime, I think if I do marine biology in uni they have a course attached to do.. or as part of it i'm not sure.

My uncle is an avid diver, heres his page with photos and stuff http://www.bambugs.clara.net/diving/index.htm :)

LOL! I guess you are more desert-bound than I am! So where do you usually dive?

That is interesting about the sharks. I always figured the same thing?leave them alone and they won't bother you. I've never worried too too much about them. I would just be cautious and be aware that they may be out there. My dad used to always see them when he was surfing off the coast.

One thing I've really wanted to get into after I learn to dive (and go to the tropics) is live shell collection. I LOVE collecting shells and would like the opportunity to eventually start getting live specimens (shh, I feel bad because I'm a snail lover, too, but I do love shell collecting!).

I usually dive from the keys- throughout the Caribbean....Hawaii, all the Islands there, Fuji....etc...We have some large fresh water lakes close to Phoenix...and some of them are ok...not very good visibility but it keeps me sharp!!!