Sign in to follow this  
atryeu

Fishy Updates!

Hey everybody!

Wow, it's been sometime since I last posted! Since then, hehe, I've gotten my computer mostly fixed finally after a year of being pretty much down. Yay!

*pokes siggy* I have made a few changes around in my bedroom with my babies too.

I had seperated my males and females (guppies) to stop the breeding now. I have 1 more person lined up who wants my next batch of guppy fry which will be almost any day now. After that, I'm controlling the last of the batches of fry from the fish and making sure the little guys aren't lurking around my tank to overcrowd things LoL I have a couple females still, and several males :) One of my male guppies, by the way, turned out to be a double-swordtail! I don't know how that happened since none of my others have a double-swordtail LoL Oh well though, he's one of my little babies and is such a pretty little fishy!

My crowntail now has the 5 gallon all to himself so he no longer has to look at my other guy staring at him all day long LoL. My poor little Veiltail looks all loney without somebody to bother now though. Ever since I seperated them, he keeps swimming to that corner of the tank looking for his little buddy *sigh*

Also, my 20 gallon has been all nice and cycled for awhile now, yay! I have not been able to get uptown for sometime though, so I have not been able to get my cories and their food *sigh* I'm hoping to do that with my next trip, whenever that will be.

I guess that's all! All my babies are in very good health and are just as happy as can be! I just wanted to sneak on and post an update! I still have lots going on so I probably won't be around here much just yet, but I'll be lurking a little still! :)

Well hello there :D Nice to hear things are so well in the world of lurkdom :lol: The little swordtail guppy sounds interesting, do we get to see a pic?

Atryeu! :hug Glad to see that you and your fish are doing well. I hope you can get a ride uptown, its been so long!

LoL Sadly, no pics :( The only camera we have around here is a desposible one that won't take a very good picture. LoL! When I had access to a digital camera, I still couldn't get a good enough picture of my guppies. They don't like to hold still so I couldn't get a decent picture. The lighting in my room is awful also which really doesn't help anything LoL

*hugs Kissy* :) Ya know, I actually haven't been able to go uptown for anything for my fish since the begining of June, before my sister had her baby *cries* It's been so long, and I'm always left out of everything it seems (which is annoying considering I'm the oldest) -_- I need new filters, light bulbs and a new syphon before long *sigh* Not to mention food for the cories before I get them LoL!

Hehe, I didn't feel like creating a new topic, so I'll just post an update here :D

I made it uptown, yay!! Sadly, it was my first trip to get fishy stuff since the begining of June -_-

I got myself a flexible brush finally to clean my filter's intake tube out better LoL I also found a nice dark colored background for my 20 gallon tank as well :)

And, I got new fish!!! I was able to get my trio of Albino Cories today. The tank they were in looked very healthy and was not overcrowded for a change o.0 I have them in their little bag getting used to my QT tank still. My poor betta was not happy when I moved him from his home, but it's only temporary. He'll get his big home back soon. After they pass QT, the little cories will be moved to the 20 gallon with the male guppies. I thought next summer, I can get 3 more friends if there is room in the tank :)

Heh, I got a good deal on some Shrimp Pellets for them at bbbb. 9oz container for $4 (and mmm the 2oz container was $4 for the exact same brand and everything o.0). I grabbed them some "Hikari Sinking Wafers" as well (it's a veggie and meaty based food, from the look of ingredients).

Anyways, that was my trip uptown! I looked for a few live plants, but I could only find Swords at mmm, and those get a bit to large for my tank. I need to get back up to this other store one day with a huge selection of aquatic plants *sigh* I have my new little babies now at least, and I'm glad!

I will keep everybody updated on the new little guys. They look in very good health, so all 3 should do well :)

Yay!!!! I'm glad you got to buy your supplies and fish too! I adore albino cories. I think they're adorable :heart Good luck with the little guys!

Thank you :) I just love the little guys also LoL. They are doing very well so far! They've been zipping back and forth along the little bit of gravel cleaning off the algae. They made a little clean spot for me! LoL I thought I had been reading they didn't care much for eating algae, so that's sort of weird LoL. I'm not complaining though! Maybe they will clean the rest of the tank too :D

Hey atreyu!! Good to hear from you. Glad all your babies are doing well. Come back more often!! :D

Hey glitterfish :D Yeah, it's been forever hasn't it? Luckily, my computer has working parts again, so I'm just trying to organize things again and fix minor problems... not to mention get caught up on a whole ton of things I fell behind on along with keeping up on all of my other stuff I still need to do LoL!

I can lurk around more often for sure though, and I'll try and get back to posting now and then :)

Hey everybody! Just another little fast update :) It's been just over 1 week since I got the little cories, and they are doing well! I have never seen such active little fish after they are transfered from the pet store bags to a tank LoL! They are just as active and such busy little guys still. I found one last night latched on to the suction cup behind my filter nibbling at the slime.. yuck! LoL Maybe they'll clean that off for me though!

Another fast little update!

The cories have been doing so well. They are living in my 20 gallon tank now with the male guppies and are just having a great time flying around with all the extra room. They pretty much leave the guppies alone, but those pesty little guppies like to follow the cories around the tank. LoL At least they have something to do I guess!

As for the other fishies.... The guppies are all doing well.. I'm kind of wondering about the females though. My oldest should be having her next batch of fry within another week or two and 2 of the younger females should be pregnant as well (they had been in contact with males for awhile before they were seperated), yet none of them are looking pregnant at all... That's great if no more fry are born, but I find it odd considering all I've learned about guppies LoL. I keep looking every day for little fishies so I can catch them, but I have yet to see any!

My bettas are doing well also. My old guy was absolutely thrilled to be back in his big home after the cories were moved. He had to rush around poking at gravel and start on his nest again. My little crowntail has a nasty personality about him here lately! He doesn't like anybody near his tank unless it's feeding time and he's decided he wants to prune my plant a little. I was seeing some floating leaves that had broken off the plant and the other day I caught the little guy attacking one of the stems! I hope he decides to keep a few leaves in there for me! *sigh*

Anyway, everybody is doing very well and I'm enjoying all the fishies roaming about my room everywhere I look. :)

I wish i had guppies like you guys babys my platie recently died :cry1:cry1

Hey kristy! I hope your fishies are doign well also! :)

Hehe, yep! The cories are a lot of fun to watch also. I wasn't feeling well the other day so I spent most of the day laying in bed reading, but I'd look across the room and watch the little guys zipping around their home like crazy LoL. I like how they sometimes rush up to the surface for a gulp of air and then fly back down really quick. LoL

How you doing.Glad all your fish are doing well :exactly When is your trip to the UK happening?

Hey Blue, thanks! :) The UK? o.0 I wish! It's not me that's going though :( *sniff* I never get to go anywhere LoL