Question

tropicana

:) It's really your preferance,and what you can provide him with. :D Some people enjoy buying small goldfish that they can personally watch develop and grow.Other people enjoy the more adult look. Alot has to do with the size of tank and equipment that you can afford.Some people are on a shoestring budget,and can only afford a smaller tank-Other's go right to the big tanks. I love all ages of goldfish.Some of my biggest thrills have been starting with a small goldfish,providing it with all the best care that I can,and watching it grow and change during that growth.Size of goldfish is a money factor too.You will find that the bigger the Goldie is,the bigger the sticker price will be. :lol: So,it really is all about your personal preferances. :D

:) What size tank do you have? I hate to be the one to tell you this,but the two fish that you bought should not really be kept together at all,for they both have different needs.Comets grow fast.They grow large,up to 12 inches or more,their bodies are sleek,and they're fast swimming fish who need a long much bigger tank(at least 20 gals.per fish just to start with).Moors on the other hand are a more slower moving fish.They tend to have poor eyesight and have a bit harder time when it comes to finding food.Being kept with a Comet will just inhibit that more.Chances are your comet will be the pig of the bunch,and you'll find him eating more food than your Moor will get. Any chance that you could take the comet back and get credit towards another fish ? :unsure:

Remember that fancy goldfish need 10 gallons of water each, if your tank is big enough you could get another tank mate for the moor but not a common.

Any single tail fish is much too fast for the black moor and will eat all the food. Try for another moor or telescope eyed fish.

:) I have Moors that are kept with Oranda's,Fantails,Lionheads,Ranchu,and they do fine. :D

:) I have Moors that are kept with Oranda's,Fantails,Lionheads,Ranchu,and they do fine. :D

Archived