Is Jaws A He Or A She?!

Sushi67

Ok, a long time ago Jaws ripped up one of my males during breeding and thats how she got her name. Sometimes we call her she devil. After that my mom questioned if "she" was really a he. I said nah, she is full of eggs and has a breeding spot.

Well I'm also begining to wonder if she is a he. She is really big 3 inchs+. I threw her in with my CT girls and she was flaring and doing most the things a male would do but one of my CT girls was also doing it.

PLAKAT.png

Jaws.png

I think she's just a tough girl. I recently asked the same question about my new girl, stormy. She was flaring at the handmirror and even built a mini bubble nest! She, like Jaws, has the white oviduct and shorter ventrals so I thing she's a girl.

Sushi if she is a girl there might be an oviposter spot ( I think that is how you spell it) which is a white spot that is located on the females belly between the two ventral fins. click on this link and it has a diagram of a female betta

http://www.swishfish.com/anatomy.shtml

sometimes they are not very visable

Females can be pretty aggresive, I had one nearly kill a male once. That's why it's important to keep a lot of individual females in a single tank. Granted, they aren't typically as aggresive as males but they are still fighting fish.

She is a very aggressive fish but she did good for her first time in the tank. They mostly just wacked each other with there tails like in the first picu. I think it might take work because my steel blue CT is the leader of the pack in my 10 gallon but Jaws isn't going to stand for that. She wants to be leading. I know those two are gonna be doing this for sometime.

I know what an oviposter ish. Can't breed if its not there. She does have one very small and hard to see because she has no eggs right now but back when I was going to breed her you could clearly see it. I also heard males can sometimes show something like an oviposter. You can see hers in the picus.

I guess Jaws ish just one big mean fish.

She looks llike fishzilla nezt to my 1.5 inch blue CT. T-T I hope my CT girl can stand up to her.

:rofl If its any girl, it jaws. I would name her Fishzilla but I've had bad luck with koi I've named Godzilla. I had 3 koi named after Godzilla characters. The first Godzilla got stuck to the pump O.O and the second Godzilla jumped. We still have Mothra and Ghidorah though. Since we had bad luck with live godzillas I took my brothers old rubber toy Godzilla out of the garage and stuck hi next to the pond. XD

Guest yabbie

Plakat females are sometimes much more agressive than other types. Especially as they get older. Could she be a plakat?

She has great colouring for a girl or a plakat.

Perhaps she's bisexual.

Before I knew anything about Plakats I thought she was a hybrid CT since she has slight crowning on her tail but after getting some replys and doing research I do think she is a plakat. She has anextremely think and bulking body, she is very mean, she is rather large (3+ inches and growing still!!! :krazy: ), and looks nothing like any veiltail I have ever seen.

I've read that plakats and crowntails are the mean types of bettas but it only seemed that her and my steel blue CT would fight. The other were interested but stayed away and then went back to ignoring them.

She has white stripes on her gill covers, I think I once read this a trait that plakats can carry. Has anyone elese heard this?