I Have Very Important Questions Abou Tgoldie Breeding And Water Conditioners

Guest tweedles and darren

Guest tweedles and darren

i got an orange goldfish from the petstore, it look like a fan tail,but im not sure what kind he is,i didnt know what gender he was,i didnt have a filter and i vacumed the gravel once a week and changed 75% of the water,one month later i introduced a black moor,the orange fish chased the moor constantly with his snout in her tail,i dint know that was goldie courtship,i thought it was just socialness,now its agust and they dont do that anymore,i finaly have a filter,im afraid te moor laid eggs and i didnt notice and i vacumed them up,i dont know how old she is, shes about 2inches long,will they court again in spring?also since i dont use tap water(i use the big gallon jugs,i have a 10 gallon tank)is it neccesary to use water conditioners?and what does eggbound mean?

Yes, your fish will most likely spawn again in the spring. Usually they will spawn twice (occasionally three times) about a week apart. Eggbound means the female fish does not lay her eggs and they remain inside her. The eggs can decompose inside of the fish and cause a massive infection which results in death.

If the water you are using does not contain chlorine or chloramine, it is not necessary to use water conditioners. Do you know the parameters of the water, such as GH, KH and PH? I use well water in my tanks, and even though it doesn't contain chlorine or chloramine, I still use Prime as a water conditoner. I have found my fish to be healthier since I have started using it.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask questions.