Crowntail Betta's

dengundam

i got my crowntail at mmm or mets mart ??? well anyways i don't seem to see a crown tail female is there such thing because at the store they have "what they call normal half moon" male bettas and some female that the sign just says female betta and in back they have corwntale males?? is there female crowntale????????????

I agree with Sandtiger, you can find Crowntail female bettas but you will have to shop around and keep your eyes peeled as they can be rare.

I think you're more likely to find veiltail and plakat females than the other types, but they are around. If you struggle to find one at your LFS's maybe try a local or online breeder who may be able to help you :)

Edited by mrbumblebee

Also, some places let you special order a fish at the pet store.

I have done this a few times and it works really well. You get the fish a day or two after they arrive then, and they will call you when the fish arrives.

yes they have them at vvvv. You might want to ask the manager if when he places his next order from the breeder to ask him to ask for a couple female crowntail bettas. They maybe be getting them where you live and just selling out of them before you get there. I know I was lucky to get the male crowntail i have. Usaully when people see them at vvvv they snatch them up. I was blessed . Mine was in the back of a pile of cups on the shelf. I took time and rooted through the cups to find him. If he was not hidden in the back he probably would have been gone.