Pictures Of My New Betta

touchofsky

Guest adrienne

Cool! He looks SO much like one of mine - it's scary!

I've noticed my new bettas tend to be a little picky at first too. The one thing I've found that they will ALL eat is bloodworms. Some people feed live ones, some people feed frozen ones... I feed freeze-dried ones because they're inexpensive and easy to keep (comes in a thing just like flake food). Bloodworms aren't a complete diet, but it's really helped me get the bettas interested in what I'm dropping in.

Good luck!

~Adrienne

Thanks for the name ideas. I have some good ones to think about now :D

My little guy is being very picky about food. I tried him with fd and frozen bloodworms, and Hikari pellets and HBH betta bites. I think he may have eaten one Hikari pellet. I can't find it anywhere in his tank. I have been leaving the food in for a while, then taking it out.

Today he is much, much more active, and he is flaring at the glass, so I think he is feeling much more at home in his tank, so hopefully, his appetite will come along.

That is neat that my guy has some "twins" out there. I think he is very pretty. I always had blue ones before, but this time I decided to go with something different.

Although, there is one with a white body and blue tail, that I would just love to have. I am trying to figure out how I could accommodate him :rofl

Guest sourmilknightmares

Gorgeous boy you have there! Would help with the names but I'm pretty bad at them myself lol I do like the suggestion of Sprite though...

Don't worry about him not eating. I have a boy that refused to eat for something like 2 and a half weeks. He finally decided he was hungry enough and decided the pellets I gave him were better than nothing. I believe the breeder I got him from may have only fed him live food.

Be careful when feeding freeze dried blood worms. They should be used as more of a treat and not part of the diet. They are known to cause constipation in fish. I believe its due to the high protein in them. Not 100% sure but I seem to remember it as being that. I found out the hard way and my favorite betta got constipated and always had a hard time passing his poo after that. Had to constantly feed him peas and make sure his system was working right, the poor boy.

Bettas are pretty addictive. You only mean to have one and before you know it there are 15 little betta tanks sitting around your house lol

Thank you for reassuring me that my little guy can survive his fast. He is looking healthy ... no split or ragged fins, spots or dots or anything.

I will just keep offering him food, and removing it if he doesn't eat. Picky little guy ... I am used to goldfish, none of mine are picky!

Guest sourmilknightmares

Oh my gosh! That's a great name! The idea of it being very original!

-sniff- reminds me of my poor, dead turkey named Jake... :cry

Archived