Sign in to follow this  
BadBoyzon9

How Long Do It Take For A Goldfish To Get Used Of A New Place?

do you mean he ate and then didnt eat again for two days sorry but your sentance doesnt make since to me and i had a fish once who didnt eat for 6 days when i first got it(it was aguppy though)but unless it is sick it will probably eat when it gets hungry.

my goldfish have always eaten right away or within the next day or 2.

Did you float your bag in the tank and gradually add some of your water in the bag and all that jazz?

With every goldfish comes a different personallity. Keep a close eye on him, is he swimming activley or just sitting somewhere? Look for any signs of stress like red gills, frayed fins maybe... So keep an eye and maybe just give him some time... they always get used to their surroundings at different times :)

All of my guyss have gotten used to the new place immediately or the next day. But most of the time they go right for the food. Goldfish are like water pigs.

Have you got him in quarantine? If he's not doing so well there could be a real problem. What does his poop look like? Any flashing? Does he spit out food?

I've never had a goldfish take more than a day to stabilise...