Almost Free Swimming Fry...under Dad's Care!

Reef Man

Thanks Koko....Those kinds of things in your tank are what keep this hobby so interesting!!!!

Hi Blue... Yes, and alas, I won't be able to get a pic of them as they won't survive long enough to take a picture... There are way too many predators for them to make it very far at all!!!

Those pictures were extraordinary Ron!!!!! How awesome to see all those little black dots and know that they are eyes,and life......Remarkable!!!

Will their own parents try to eat them as well?

Edited by Devs

Devs.... new parents have been known to eat there young but these are over 4 years old and have had severall dozen hatches....they don't eat there young now at all!!!

Thanks everyone.... I would try to net the babies out but the stress that would cause to the other fish...and the tank is not worth the few that might be saved by the process... If I were to desire to raise clowns I would set up a breeder tank and get a different pair to do that.... It is a shame to see these little ones not make it but mom and dad are very happy in there environment and I will not disturb them by making them become a breeder pair for me.... SO, for now it is a fact of life and they become a form of live nourishment for the other critters in the tank....

Edited by Reef Man

Wow, great shots! I have only known one person to successfully raise clowns to adulthood. That is neat that yours are comfortable and healthy enough to breed in your tank!

The advances in our hobby are so amazing. I hope that one day it will be completely common to have most marine fish be captive raised. :)

At first glance I was reminded of pachinko balls- all shiny and silvery and then I looked some more and saw the orangey sides on some of them. Those are incredible photographs. Again! How long do they take to hatch out then?

• 1 month later...