More Fry For Me

JenW

Well, I've been watching the outdoor tub for 4 days now and it looks like the eggs I removed to it bore fruit - I counted 7 fry out there just now :D

I hope they're ranchu's because my new fella, Chubbs was chasing my calico ranchu around like mad and this would be the first spawn for my little calico. She's only a little over a year old :D

I just hope they make it because as i've learned, you can have a lot of fertilised eggs, but in my case, only a few have made it.... In this case though, there were only about 15 eggs in total so I guess I'll just have to wait and see :D

Maybe add a heater? Whats the temp at as you dont want it to fluctuate too much.

Its mid summer here but feels more like the end of autumn. The outdoor fish hit 15c yesterday.

OOOh Congratulations!! 7 from 15 is a good yield I would have thought. Well done, I bet baby ranchu are extremely cute :D

If they had been normal goldies then they would be fine, but they are fancies and i would think they would not feed as much if in a low temp. To keep appetites up I think you should add the heater at its lowest setting which would be around 20c.

Good thinking Sands - I'll rig it up now :D

And thankyou Trinket :D They're only a day or so old and the next few days will tell how well they're getting on. I really hope I get some survivors because if the parents are my ranchu's - they'll be very cute ;)

You go girl!!! I'm so happy for you-and maybe for Ranchu's at that!!! :exactly

I think it's best to also add a heater on it if you can.It's all about the first 165 days of their life,and you want them eating as much as they can..Being outside too,there's a chance that temps could flucuate a bit too much if you know what I mean,and that wouldn't be good.I think Comets/Commons could probably handle the temps better,but any fry are probably more prone to not handle temp swings.

You have to show who you think the parents are for us.I know Chubbs :heart

You lucky Girl!!! :lol: Why do you live so darn far? :lol:

I'm pretty excited :D This is why i'm desparately trying to rig up this heater but the stinking thing is missing one of the clamps so the heater comes in contact with the plastic... now I'm trying to do some DIY gizmo which will hopefully suffice :D

I just took the temp out there and it's down to 11C - too cold for those little guys so I better put my skates on :o

And Riz - of course i'll take pictures :D

:cold: That is really some chilly water I must say.I know you though,and you'll definately come up with a plan.I have complete faith in your abilities. :exactly;)

I feel a DIY tip coming for sure! :lol:

Well, I've fixed the heater - and no, definitely no DIY Sharon, I had to pinch some suction cups from my filters :D Anyhow, I just took a pic of both (hopefully) mum and dad :D

Here's mum:

DSCN0904.jpg

Here she is with her posse:

DSCN0901.jpg

And here's dad:

DSCN0698.jpg

Now, I'm going to laugh if they come out as oranda's because I'm seeing some suss behaviour from Winny and Wilbur... And Winny is the boy while Wilbur is the girl :D They went and changed gender on my after I named them :D

:rofl Winny and Wilbur better behave themselves.We want baby Ranchu's! :lol:

Oh Mum's also a little sweetie pie too! But I still have to say that your Nephew picking out Chubb's was the best. :heart I smile everytime I see those little red lips. :lol:

And now the waiting begins........What will they really be I wonder..... :yeah::lol:

Yeah, Chubbs really is a keeper - such a sweet face :D

I don't know what kind of stange looking orandas would come from Winnie (redcap) and Wilbur (blue) - some strange looking little things that I'll love all the more because they'd be so ummm, unique.... :rofl

Oh Mom and Dad are beautiful! Even though Dad gets to wear the lipstick - :) ! I've seldom seen your fish Jen,they are a gorgeous looking bunch :heart

:rofl I'm starting to wonder about Jen and the naming/gender's of her fish. :rofl

She's got Chubb's the boy wearing lipstick,a female named Wilbur,and a male named Winny! :tomuch:

Jen,you have your fish all confused here! :rofl3

Yeah, Chubbs really is a keeper - such a sweet face :D

I don't know what kind of stange looking orandas would come from Winnie (redcap) and Wilbur (blue) - some strange looking little things that I'll love all the more because they'd be so ummm, unique.... :rofl

Wow,now that would be interesting wouldn't it? :yeah: I'm picturing a swirl of Red/White/Blue here. :lol:

A sort of "One for the States" fish. :rofl

:rofl I'm starting to wonder about Jen and the naming/gender's of her fish. :rofl

She's got Chubb's the boy wearing lipstick,a female named Wilbur,and a male named Winny! :tomuch:

Jen,you have your fish all confused here! :rofl3

Hmm cross dressing fish now thats a strange concept :tomuch:

:rofl I know, I'm almost embarrassed to put their names on the board now, especially as I not only get it wrong, but I refuse to change their names because I only know them from what I originally called them :D

I think I'm confused :hmm:rofl

And wouldn't a red, white and blue fish be patriotic? Or just odd.... :D

:rolleyes: Probably patriotic and odd. :lol:

Seriously,I had a Betta who was red white and blue.Man was he a beauty.The Blues were like old worn denim,the red and white parts were matte in color.He was one of my favorite Betta's. :heart

He sounds it :D I'm thinking of getting a betta - there's some lovely ones down at my local and even though I don't know much about their care, I just can't stand to see them in a 'wine' glass on the counter... so i'll bring one home with me... ;)

Yep I've been thinking the very same thing recently Jen... save a betta...but I have to do some research first- Sharon that betta you had sounded a real trendsetter with his faded denims and matte color tee- :rofl amazing they come in so many variations..well, that much is like goldfish I spose :)

I'm going to get my new betta (i think) today :D

Well the temp out in the tub is a nice 16 degrees and rising - all the eggs are now hatched.... so it's become a waiting game. I will post some pics in the next couple of days although you can hardly see them :D