Help Ot Please On My Betta?

dengundam

Hi this my betta arthur recently my other betta died they were in the same tank but with dividers of cource i was getting worried when i recently saw the partafter the head of the betta get biger the stomech part heres a pic help??????????????

PS is he cool or what sorry the pics are a bit blorry hes scared or mad? at the camerahttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/den.../Picture037.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/den.../Picture036.jpg

What were the symptoms that Authur showed before he died? What do you feed, how much, and how often? Don't feed him for a few days and we will see how it goes from there. The photo is not working for me, but I'm not sure if it is just my computer or not.

Do you test the water params,if so ,what are they?What size tank /filter are we talking about? The more we know about your set-up,the better we can help you. :)

You need to make sure the water is warm and doesnt fluctuate too much as bettas are prone to bacterial infections. In an unfiltered small tank then water changes should have been made three times a week. Try and get the water tested as well for ammonia.

I too cant see the pic.

I agree with Sandy here.As you were sharing a one gallon tank with two Betta's and only changing out water once a week,I'm sure the water wasn't very good.Anywater in that small of a container builds up rather quick with ammonia and waste and becomes quite nasty especially in the hot summer where it gets stagnant rather quickly.

I'd definately up the water changes -make sure water is matched temps with the water he was in,and see if that perks him up a bit. :)

You din't mention what or how much you're feeding.If you meant the belly was swelling,he may be constipated and needing starved for a couple days and then fed a bit of a cooked pea.

Let us know what's going on.

Guest invertedsilver

If his head is getting bigger than his body, like his body is shrinking or wasting away, he could have a bacterial infection.

It might have taken hold because of stress from the poor water conditions or he might have come the pet store with it...

He looks very constipated to me. The first pic doesnt work but I can see the second (guys, there are two pics in a row, click to the end of the apparent 'one link'.) he's very pretty :)

Can you see any raised scales on him, like a pinecone?

I agree with Lucy fish. My betta was just constipated and looked the same way. After a couple days of starving he was fine. 1 gallon really isn't enough room for 2 bettas. They need at least one gallon each. With two of those guys in a 1 gallon, I'm sure that the water got really yucky really fast. You would need to do a lot more water changes than once a week with such a small container.

Good luck with your boy.

Thanks Lucy, I didn't catch that.

From what I can tell, he looks very bloated. Did he suddenly get like this or was it gradual? Please answer the questions about the food and do not feed him for at least 3 days.

like alot of posters have said temp and water conditions and temp are really important, I would get a bigger tank to divide and put a filter and a heater in it. it will save you alot of time on water changes, and your fish will do alot better.But for now i would do a water change and even seprorate the fish so they are outta site of each other so they dont stress each other out right now. even if you cut the top off a milk jug that's one gallon for the guy. and then add half a tsp of non iodized salt, keep him in a warm , low trafic area and see how he dose in the next few days, if he stops eating try buying blood worms, they usally will go for them if they wont touch the flacks or pellets.

tahnks i have a new tank its warm wher i am so its stay to 70 yo 80 degress the tank hes is in a 3 gallon tank alone with a ten gallon filter lol too big is;n it well anyways he seems to swim moor now but still is on the bottom he used to alwys be at the top being labrinth fish and all anyways thanks alot i have a new topic of my new tank

After I finally got to view the pic I agree with Kissy . I think your boy is contsipated. you might try fasting him three days and then try feeding him a pea. hopefully he will be able to evacuate that