Sign in to follow this  
BadBoyzon9

Omega One Vs Hikara

Lets VOTE

1-Omega One

2-Hikari

(If you prefer other brands... Please Let us know..)

Which one got higher Protein level?

Which one do a better color enc?

which one provide a longer life...?

WHICH ONE IS BETTER?!!! :rolleyes:

Omega One.

Hikari's still good though. I just prefer Omega One because it's made from whole fish, not just the meal (the leftovers after they remove the flesh at the fishmarkets).

Omega One. Ditto what Awrieger said, but omega's also much cheaper.

I have always used Hikari pellets for my guys. On my last trip to the pet store, I bought some Omega One to try. My orandas love it, but my commons and comets do not seem as interested. They seem to like Tetra flakes more.

I've only used Hikari but i think omega is better. Hikari just sounds better somehow though. But i think its way more hyped up than is should be. Maybe since its imported and the japanese signs look cool? lol

I use Hikari and that can be hard enough to get hold of in the UK :rolleyes: I've never seen Omega One available in the UK. If I can find it, I'd like to give it a go as I've heard all these good things about it :)

Ive used Hikari flakes but I ran out and can only get it online. Im using Tetra goldfish flakes now in addition to Pro-Gold.

Guest JazzleBug

Agreed - Pro Gold or Omega One and I pick Omega.

A lot of the time it also really depends which brands are actually available in your area, outside of the US a lot of these premium/high quality brands are just not available or if they are - very hard to get hold of :(

Edited by mrbumblebee

i use hikari and it seems to bring the colours right out in my fish and they love it too. can't seem to get pro gold or omega in the uk. have seen it on ebay though.

I feed Pro Gold. With several other things. Shrimp pellets, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, tube flex worms, squash, peas....

I suggest you dont feed tubifex worms since they're cultured in sewer water and some members have had problems with them before.

Yes I had heard this. Thanks for the warning though.

Guest Gold Cissa

Omega One for sure. The ingredients alone is what makes it a done deal.

Like many have said I've yet to see omega one in the store in Toronto. I do plan on looking/stocking up in Florida when I go home for the holidays. I know Pro gold is available through Goldfish connection but it is readily available in pet stores as well in the States?

At the moment I use Hikari baby pellets, as well as Oranda gold, frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphina, fruits and veggies.

I haven't seen any Omega around either but my fish love Hikari Lionhead sinking pellets.

I like the flavor of Hikari better. Omega One is a bit bland, but crunchy. :)

Seriously, these are the two brands I use, and I switch back and forth to keep things interesting. I use Omega One medium sized pellets and Hikari floating, sinking and wheat germ.

Omega is 30 something percent crude protein as is the Hikari wheat germ. The regular Hikari pellets are 40 something crude protein. More protein equals more ammonia and more nitrate and more water changes.

Dennis

I like the flavor of Hikari better. Omega One is a bit bland, but crunchy.

Have you eaten these fish foods to know what they taste like?

i feed small omega one goldfish pellets to the goldfish, omega one tropical flakes to the trops, omega one betta pellets for the bettas, and finally omega one veggie things for the plecos..................

as you can tell i LOVE omega one :P

and my lfs has half off refills on everything except the betta pellets