Sign in to follow this  
jen626

Pictures From Portland Goldfish And Koi Show

Pics from the Northwest Koi and Goldfish Show this weekend in Portland:

I was new to this camera and the lighting was not very good for pictures in some part of the rooms where the actual gf were, but here goes, hope you enjoy. The show as a lot of fun, I have a post about it in GF Discussion. The best news is that these were NOT taken with a cell phone! I will be adding them for quite awhile, I'll post at least 70 pics, maybe more. Hopefully they will not all merge into one thread..

A three foot calico-and more gi-normous koi!

DSCF4233.jpg

DSCF4232.jpg

The little one in this picture is about 8 inches!

DSCF4230.jpg

DSCF4227.jpg

DSCF4223.jpg

Edited by jen626

Fish that were donated for the auction that I missed *cries*

DSCF4219-1.jpg

Pretty ones that were hiding:

DSCF4217.jpg

Buddies for life:

DSCF4216.jpg

Take me home!

DSCF4215.jpg

DSCF4213.jpg

DSCF4212.jpg

DSCF4211.jpg

I LOVE these guys:

DSCF4209.jpg

DSCF4210.jpg

DSCF4207.jpg

Edited by jen626

A beautiful quilt to be auctioned off:

DSCF4225.jpg

Nice barrel pond:

DSCF4222.jpg

The banquet centerpiece:

DSCF4220-1.jpg

DSCF4133.jpg

A beautiful veiltail but had trouble staying upright:

DSCF4206.jpg

DSCF4190.jpg

Very nice...

DSCF4187.jpg

DSCF4185.jpg

DSCF4183.jpg

Edited by jen626

DSCF4170.jpg

Awwww...I want this one too

DSCF4169.jpg

DSCF4168.jpg

DSCF4167.jpg

DSCF4165.jpg

This was the Grand Champion, although my pics don't do her justice:

DSCF4163.jpg

My, my what a lovely behind we have! (sorry couldn't resist!)

DSCF4162.jpg

DSCF4164.jpg

DSCF4158.jpg

DSCF4147.jpg

I'm not done yet, just trying to wait a few between so they don;t all merge into one post!

DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4155.jpg

DSCF4141.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4139.jpg

These were from the dark part of the room so not so good...but at least not camera phone!

DSCF4137.jpg

A gorgeous panda

DSCF4136.jpg

Pompom

DSCF4135.jpg

DSCF4134.jpg

DSCF4130.jpg

DSCF4129.jpg

DSCF4128.jpg

DSCF4127.jpg

DSCF4121.jpg

DSCF4120.jpg

DSCF4119.jpg

Edited by jen626

DSCF4118.jpg

DSCF4109.jpg

This one was MY favorite in the show, and won the "Chipper" award, kind of like Miss Congeniality:

DSCF4106.jpg

DSCF4104.jpg

DSCF4103.jpg

Turn around dang it:

DSCF4102.jpg

Edited by jen626

DSCF4098.jpg

DSCF4096.jpg

DSCF4099.jpg

DSCF4095.jpg

DSCF4094.jpg

DSCF4093.jpg

DSCF4092.jpg

Edited by jen626

A 3+ foot white long fin

DSCF4084.jpg

DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4088.jpg

DSCF4087.jpg

HUGE HUGE HUGE

DSCF4075.jpg

DSCF4074.jpg

DSCF4072.jpg

Edited by jen626

Cool sculpture

DSCF4091.jpg

The Koi Kruiser

DSCF4083.jpg

Patti Magee's trailer

DSCF4082.jpg

DSCF4081.jpg

DSCF4080.jpg

Patti's booth:

DSCF4079.jpg

DSCF4078.jpg

DSCF4077.jpg

DSCF4076.jpg

My new mousepad

DSCF4235.jpg

More gf

DSCF4071.jpg

DSCF4073.jpg

DSCF4070.jpg

DSCF4068.jpg

DSCF4067.jpg

DSCF4066.jpg

DSCF4064.jpg

DSCF4063.jpg

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF4059.jpg

More of my favorite

DSCF4058.jpg

DSCF4053.jpg

DSCF4052.jpg

More giants:

DSCF4044.jpg

DSCF4043.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

The koi judging tent

DSCF4038.jpg

A little guy

DSCF4042.jpg

A bunch of little guys

DSCF4069.jpg

OK, that is all the decent ones I took....hope you enjoyed!

Edited by jen626

:lol: Hi Jen,welcome back!!! Wow,you took some awesome pictures-I was really impressed.And man did I see a few Goldies that I would have loved to own!!! :exactly Thanks so much for sharing! :heart

Thanks Devs, I probably took 1000 pictures and 100 of them were worth showing, lol! The gf were in a room were in places the lighting was not so great so that made it harder to take pics. I went back later in the day though when the light was better and got some more. I need my own camera BADLY! I will take some good pics of my own fish while I still have the camera though.

I think I am going to go moor shopping this week though...Jerry is lonely and I have everything set up for a qt tank now. :-)

I am so jealous!! :lol: Thanks so much for posting all those photos. Beautiful goldies. I love the fat ranchus. :heart

Wow, what fun you must have had, Jen!!! :happydance Great goldfish I am seing there, even a black moor. How come that one isn't swimming in your home right now? :lol:

Some awesome goldfish art was there, WOW! I wouldn't mind owning a few of those pictures. Of course, I am gonna check out Patti's website next!

Did you get to meet a lady named Chris Jolly by any chance? She does wonderful art as well, sculptures mostly, and I have a goldfish painting from her. She usually donates one or two prices at the show. Last year she painted a georgeous plate for the Best of Show. Some of those fish in the show look also like they could have belonged to her.

Anyhow, I very much enjoyed your pictures. Must have been fish heaven!

I am glad you guys liked the pics!

Andrea...I did not meet Chris Jolly, but it sounds like I wish I would'vce-she sounds very talented! And I stupidly hadn't thought to visit Patti's website...must do that asap!

The only moors they had for sale there were pretty sickly looking, I didn;t take pics of them. But the one I did take a pic of was kind of big for me-I am trying to match my calico telescope in size so they get along well..maybe that is silly but I was just thinking I wanted them to be close in size! The one tyhey had though was very pretty and velevety but he also had a split dorsal fin...not sure if it was a new injury from the trip or a defect, but he was too big for me anyway.

I think I will have to go moor shopoing this week though...my qt is all ready to go!

Definitely fish heaven, I wish you all could've come with me!

i sat in on the auction for a while, one koi went for $800! the next one went for $25. i know nothing about koi, i wonder what the difference was..

the goldfish were all beautiful, weren't they? i wanted one of those panda telescopes! did you see them, next to the moors for sale? they were so cute! but they didn't look too healthy so i didn't buy one..

Guest happy2share

Jen you rock!!! :heart:heart:heart Thank you so much for taking the time to post and share your lovely photo's. I have never been to a show and you gave me a nice taste of what I have been missing! I didn't even know that there would be fish for sale at a show! Now I will need to find a way to make it to one!

Pickles, I did see those panda's and they were pretty! Did you think that one tank that was for sale up by the building where you had to walk up the stairs was kinda sickly looking? Maybe they looked better by Sunday, I know they were on a long trip but I was just worried about their health in general.

I am glad you got to see the auction, I thought that would be cool but couldn't stay, I kow nothing about koi either and didn't know why some were 4 for $100 and some were $1400 a piece! I am dumb and should've contacted you ahead so we could try and meet up! *duh*

I am glad everyone else likes the pics so much! :-)

Edited by jen626

yeah, jen, i felt like that too, which is why i didn't buy any. almost all the moors were gone by sunday (i went both days ;) ) but definitely, the fish up by the stairs looked.. sad. and sick. but, who knows. maybe they were just really tired? haha.

that HUGE ranchu though in the tank ON the stairs, was so adorable. they looked happy. it was the tanks above the stairs looked sickly.

oh well. all in all the fish looked fine, it was just those two tanks that looked bad to me. great pics! i never found my camera, glad you got to show everyone how great it was!