Today Might Be Betta Day

touchofsky

A few days ago, I was in one of my lfs, and I saw a betta that I wanted to buy, but wouldn't you know it, I wasn't going straight home and it was absolutely freezing out that day.

So, I am going back today. I sure hope he is still there. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

I got him! He is now being acclimated to the 5.5 gallon aquarium that will be his home. After that little cup, it will seem like an ocean :D

There were other nice ones there today, but I felt I had already made a mental commitment to this fellow, so I stayed with it.

No, I have had three before. I kept them in my 38 gallon community tank with small tropicals. One of them lived to be quite old, and I was very attached to him. I lost my first betta by not sealing up every little crack and he jumped out. I now know better :) I haven't had one for a couple of years now.

I am going to use my little 5.5 tank that I used as a hospital/quarantine tank for my tropicals for the betta. I set up a 10 gallon qt tank for the goldfish.

So, I now have a new betta.

That is funny, Black Oranda, because my new betta is white with reddish purple and turquoise. Sounds like a funny combination, but I just liked him :)

I paid $5.99 for this fellow, but that is about as high as they go around here. They range in price from $3.99 to $5.99 cdn.

Guest adrienne

<<That is funny, Black Oranda, because my new betta is white with reddish purple and turquoise. Sounds like a funny combination, but I just liked him >>

Mine is too:) He's more red on his head them fades out to opaque (like, matte) turquoise on his body then dark purple to his fins then white on the tips. I agree it sounds weird, but I know exactly why you liked him!!

~Adrienne

Archived