Newbie With Pics To Share!

I'm brand spankin' new to the forum, but thought I'd share some pics of my fin-friends. I just love these guys (girls? I have no idea how to tell, lol!):

This is Goldie. He's a little over 3 years old and LOVES to eat!:

IMG_1619.JPG

This here is Goldie's best bud, Ghostie:

IMG_1609.JPG

The two pals together, as you will most often find them:

IMG_1621.JPG

Thanks for letting me share!

Lisa

Edited by GoinNuts

Oh man i love them both! Ghostie is a little albino right (or is it just the reflection?)? I used to have one, but it didn't look as cool as yours, and it died pretty quick.. Goldie is so bright and beautiful!

Oh and welcome to kokos!!!!! :krazy:

Guest Aimless

very cute fish...glad to have a new member......lol and it WILL NOT be long until your as addicted to Koko's as most of us here....lol.....!

Thank you, ladies! Never thought I'd fall in love with fish, but dang, I went and did so, lol.

Erin (Glitterfish), I love those strikingly handsome fellows in your siggy. Sad to see that Mr. Brain is no longer with you. He was quite the beauty and I bet he made you smile a lot.

Svendenhowser, I was told on another forum (just today, as a matter of fact) that Ghostie is an Albino Siamese Doll. If you were to see him and Goldie side by side, you'd see he's half the size of Goldie (who is a good 4" minus the tail). When my sons picked him and Goldie out 3 years ago, there were times I didn't think Ghostie would make it, but he's proven to be quite the strong one. Quite the entertainer, too!

Aimless, I don't have any trouble believing the addiction warning, lol. I only registered just earlier this evening, and already dinner was an hour late 'cause i kept coming back to read and look at photos. Whoops. :)

Lisa

Edited by GoinNuts

I don't have any trouble believing the addiction warning, lol. I only registered just earlier this evening, and already dinner was an hour late 'cause i kept coming back to read and look at photos. Whoops. :)

Lisa

:welcome I know how that is....my dinner right now is late LOL

Love the pics, you got real pretty fish :)

and that 3rd pic...its to die for they look so cute together..prescious!

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing you around here....just dont burn the dinner! LOL :rofl

Edited by LuvMuhFred

Love your fish :) Could I have goldie your telescope :please Can't get them here only black moors available.Your fish are wonderful and a credit to you :exactly

Wow, thanks everyone for the compliments! Goldie and Ghostie are quite the characters and I could spend hours watching them. :lol1

Puggirl, Ghostie - at 3 ys old - is about as big as he's going to get at 2 - 2 1/2" in body (tail adds another 2 1/2"). I was told that 2 - 3 inches is average size for the dolls, but that some can grow 4 - 6.

Sorry, Blue, you'd have an impossible job convincing my son to give up Goldie. Me as well, lol.

Goldfishcrazy2 & Hidr, I confess I cannot decide which is my favorite! Like a good mommy, I'm not supposed to have favorites though, am I? :exactly Goldie is big and colorful and quite funny when he spits gravel, but Ghostie does have the prettiest tail and looks beautiful when he's swimming around.

I moved these guys from their 20 gal to a 55 a few weeks ago, so I did go and get them some more fish-buddies (more pics ahead!):

This is Spots:

IMG_1647.JPG

And this is Sunny. He's developed some more black on him since this pic was taken last week, though:

IMG_1642.JPG

Here, we have Bob:

IMG_1665.JPG

And last, but not least, Cosmo, our Black Moor. You can see he's about the size of Goldie's eyeball, lol:

IMG_1675.JPG

For the record, my sons name our fish. In then past, whenever I pick the name, they don't seem to survive. Odd, and very sad for me. :( We had a gorgeous chocolate moor that I named Bronzey (no pics of him), and I woke up one morning to find him gone. He'd shown zero signs of disease or injury, so I have no idea what happened, other than the curse that is ME Naming the Fish. :(

Anyway, thanks again for letting me share and for giving such wonderful compliments. It's really so nice to finally find some other goldie lovers. At home, it's only my son and I (he's 9) and the rest of the family kind of shake their heads at us sometimes. :wacko:

Lisa

Welcome to Koko's! And can I say WOW!....you take really good pics of your fish. They are all beautiful :heart and if it makes you feel any better, I never really expected to fall in love with fish either. You have landed in a place where there are a WHOLE LOT of us that do though! I hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

I love all your fish.I could fishnap that cute cosmo I love black moors.I just love goldies.Keep those great pics comin :yeah:

• 2 weeks later...