Sign in to follow this  
karla80

12 Week Old Goldfish

Hi, I now have fourteen 12 week old goldfish in a 27 gal rubbermaid tub with an elite sponge filter and a lustar hydro 3 sponge filter. I have anacharis plants in the tub with a pot on its side for hiding. I siphon and change their water 3 days a week and use aqua plus and stability.

I just need to know when should i get them into a bigger home? I plan on giving them away but i do not know when it will be a good time to do so. To be honest if i had a bigger place and more time i would rather keep them but i know the people who want them and all of them know a lot about raising fish :) .

Here is a video of them.

th_MVI_0395.jpg

thanks,

karla

Those little things look darn cute, Karla! :heart How big are they now (without tail)?

Hi, Ranchugirl, thank you :) .

They are hard to measure since they swim around very quickly, but from what I can see when i try to measure them I believe the majority are an inch without tail. Some are fatter than others :D .

I've noticed that since feeding them bloodworms, they are growing a lot faster.

karla

awww they are cute :heart what are their parents? (if you know!) :D

thank you :) , their mom is my orange oranda, Butterball, and the dad is my white fantail, Casper.

this is a old photo of them.

th_IMG_0276.jpg

karla

I just love your babies.Wish I was closer I'd love an excuse to add more tanks and fish etc :rolleyes:

Hi, currently I believe they are about an inch long w/o tail, fourteen living in a 27 gal tub, will they be ok for a while? I do not want to give them away just yet since I would rather wait until their mouths are big enough to eat a whole baby pellet.

thanks!

I wish I could keep them :( , I really like them.

Thanks Blue, that is why I cannot go into petstores, I want to take them all home :) .

karla

Maybe if you feel like it, you can get another 27 gl rubbermaid and another sponge filter, and just divide the little guys. That way you can cut down on some water changes as well. :)

Guest helen85

I like your little babies they look so cute, they dont half move fast in that video. I wish i chould have some.

hi, thanks, they will stay wherever you are hoping for food, that is why they are not swimming around as much. I think goldies are able to hear well because every time i go to talk to them they swim as fast as they can towards me and start begging for food. :D

Some of them have tried to nibble on my finger when i have to do something in their tub, i.e. fix their sponge filter.

karla

Karla, where are you! You need to send a couple o' cuties to Georgia!!! :exactly

Soooooo kewt. They are so tiny. Congratulations karla.

ranchugirls idea to divide sounded good-then maybe you could keep a few of them later.... :)

Jeana- thanks for the laughs reading your blog thoughts- for- the- day above ..I have to memorise some of those- very funny :D

Hi, Jeana, I would like send them your way but I live in Ontario, Canada :) . I cannot wait for them to grow like yours have, how big are your babies now?

Thanks Trinket. I had been planning on upgrading Casper and Butterball's tank from 20 gallon to 30 but I may just buy a huge tank for both parents and little ones, well the ones I am unable to give away. Not now, since they are still too little. Either I'll divide them as Ranchugirl suggested or get a bigger rubbermaid tub or something similar, since I do not have enough room for more tanks/tubs. So far they are doing great, I wonder though if they sleep.

Every morning they are up at 5 and at least most of them do not seem to rest, I've caught a few swimming at 1 in the morning :rolleyes: . I've even turned off the light for at least 2 hours in the afternoon to see if they'll rest but no, they just keep swimming around.

Silly fish :lol:

karla

Hi Jeana, I got curious when Trinket mentioned your blog so I just got back from reading some of your info. on your goldies, are the measurements you posted in your blog their current? They are all really adorable.

karla