Whats The Formula For Lph Needed For Goldies?

i have a 179 gallon how many lph filtration do i need again?? just doing my research agin as i swapped my two hang ons for two stronger internal, plus i have two canisters. so i currently have 6800 lph and i have 14 fancies, is this ok??

You times it by ten. So 179 gallons would be filtration of 1790 and converted to litres would be 680 requiring 6800, so you are spot on.

Remember though its about media as well. A lot of companies give the flow rate minus the media so some filters especially externals can run between 30 and 50% less than stated.

I would go with filters that hold the most media and maybe slightly less turnover speed.

cool, i have two canisters, running on each side with two very powerful internals, that i had to put some extra tubing on the outlet, and put a sponge on the end to slow it down abit, as the fish were getting thrown about, fantail, my tank is 6foot long and 2ft wide and 2ft high. i dont think it's that big anymore, as your fish get much bigger, the tank looks heaps smaller, i'm thinking in the future, when my four new babies get fully grown i may need to get another big one, and seperate half in each. very low maintanence, even my non fishy husband now, cleans my tank for me, when i'm to busy, we use a filter pump to pump water back in tank when water changing and we just have a long hose to phython water out, so it is very easy :)

Guest ForeverTheBard

Seriously! I want a 179 gallon tank! Hehehhee... must take up a whole wall!

...and can you imagine what it must WEIGH? Wooboy.

FTB

yep we have it on the back wall on our lounge room, so as sson as you walk through the front door you see the tank and it is amazing, and yes moving it take quiet afew people when we moved it to our new house, there was me my mum and dad, brother and husband carrying it. it is very heavy.