Meet George!

mrbumblebee

This is my first time posting pictures so I really, really hopes this works... :unsure:

Apologies for the poor quality and the obvious reflection of the camera/flash! :rolleyes: I have been trying for ages and these are the best of the ones I managed to get... I don't have the use of a camera all the time but I'll keep trying to improve the quality

This is one my Bettas and he is called George, I have had him for a few weeks. I think he is quite old now but he has a lovely personality and I am already very fond of him! :D

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Thanks Blue :D

George is a tank bred Betta from a UK breeder, he is supposed to be a Half Moon - Super Delta cross but you can't really see that until he flares up and then he has a nice full shape, not perfect but nice.

I absolutely love the colour thats why I got him. He is quite an old boy I think, but very friendly with loads of personality :D

oh wow he's loverly!

If you uploaded them on photobucket you can click on the edit button above the thumbnail pic and click whether you want it at 75%, 50% or 25%.. I usually go for 75 or 50. Then click resize.

You can go and resize those like that on there now, it will change them in this thread too because the links are still there. :)

:) I think that the pics turned out fine and that George is a real looker. :heart What makes you think him old,and to you what is old?Just curious,because he doesn't look at all to me. :lol:

Bettas that normally come from actual Betta Breeder's normally live quite longer compared to fish store Betta's.

Regardless,George is lovely.Can I say that for a boy? :lol:

Thanks Devs! Well I was under the impression that he was at least 18 months old as I bought him quite late, but I was also going by the average betta age being around the two year mark.

I agree with you breeder-bred Bettas may live a bit longer if they are of a high enough quality and well kept like all bettas should be, I certainly hope he does as I'm very fond of him already! I'm doing my very best to look after him anyway :D

The other thing I was thinking about was the steeply curved back from the head upwards which I thought was a sign of an older betta, it may of course just be his breeding and genetics, being a tank bred cross and all. His finnage certainly doesn't appear old though, so I supose I was just assuming really :exactly

I'll pass your comments on to him, he likes being called lovely! :lol:

George is beautiful! I love his vibrant red! george, george, george of the tank, watch out for that plant!!! :rofl Oh man I crack myself up. :krazy:

Thankyou Erin! Another thing which doesn't quite come out in the photos is his lovely flourescent blue eye rims, they look lovely against the red. I'll keep trying to get better pictures, but he is a very active Betta especially when I'm anywhere near the tank he starts the ritualistic food dance! :lol:

I'm not very good at photos, those were the first ones I've ever posted! You can see the really obvious flash reflection in a couple of the pictures but George himself came out quite clearly I suppose.

I had to borrow a digital camera, I used the zoom, auto focus and automatic flash setting and just closed the curtains in the room to block out any extra light/reflection. I did keep his tank light on though. I didn't adjust the speed settings or anything.

I'll keep trying, but photography is just not my thing really, I don't have the patience or a technical eye for really good pictures but hopefully you get the idea from them :)

they look really good to me. You know who the expert on photography on here is don't you? Alex a.k.a blackoranda. He takes some fantastic shots. I don't know how he does it.