Sign in to follow this  
x-Lucy-Fish-x

Verity Has This Lump Thing..

Dont know Lucy.

Stress might just be hurrying it along so you cant rule out kidney failure.

I hope the heat and salt help.

Hi Lucy. How is Verity doing? Better I pray. I just said a prayer for her. Hey God cares about our pets too. Hopefully you caught the drosy in the early stages. Thanks all you mods and helpers who helped her out and thanks Lozbug for being such a good friend. I just saw Lozbug's post just as I was leaving work for the day yesterday so that is why I was pm'ing the mods and helpers I could find on line to help. There are some really wonderful people on here :exactly

Thats really sweet of you Kris :heart:)

Verity is still the same, not really much worse.. but not really any better.

I dont have the epsom salts yet, I have no money and mum forgot to get some when she went out earlier.

Give her time and let the stuff you are using ( heat and antibiotics) work. I would try to keep her quiet and she is not exposed to any stress till she is over the episode.

I'm glad you got the epsom salts, Lucy. Verity, sure is a hardy little thing isn't she? Fins crossed for her, she's such a fighter :heart

She's not too much worse, but not too much better.

I'm going to keep treating for a couple more days, but I think if she doesnt show any improvement.. I may have to euthanise.

I dont know, how long do you guys think I should treat before I consider letting her go?

She's on her second day of epsom salts and maracyn2.. and as far as I know, she is still very excited about food.

Maybe keep treating unless she stops eating?

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

It is a difficult one Lucy :( I think certainly finish the course of medication you've started and just take each day as it comes. As you say, whether she's still eating or not is a good guide mark. Maybe there comes a time when you just go for good water quality alone and see how she does from then onwards. Assess her day by day, you'll know whats the right think for her as you go along.

I agree with Mr.B. Finish the course of meds she is on and then just keep her water pristine. I hope whje does better :heart

Same. It's her last day on maracyn2 today.. and that hasn't helped, the maracyn before didnt help.. and the epsom salts haven't really helped either.

I'm not sure there is point stressing her out trying to carry on with treatment.. maybe its just her time now? ..I cant make the decision on my own :(

Can you post a pic of how she looks now please.

Like this.. but worse. This was a couple of days ago.

It's like she is swimming with her tail up because her belly is now so swollen, her spine wont fit in a straight line anymore. If that makes sense.

oh, and the pineconing is much worse, it is all over her back and everything now.

halloweenandverity011.jpg

I have another one of her side on, but photobucket wont load. I'm getting fed up with that site.

Edited by x-Lucy-Fish-x

Lucy, I'm so very sorry hon. You've done everything you possibly could for her. I can't imagine how hard this is for you right now. :(

I am so so sorry Lucy. She looks like she is suffering poor baby.

:( I'm so sorry Lucy.I don't know why,but I never recalled seeing a pm saying that you needed my help.Even offline I would have seen it and at least checked on you and Verity.

All you can do,is know that you didn't just sit there and watch her die---You made every attempt to get her through it all,and that's the best that you could have done,hun. :heart