Sign in to follow this  
x-Lucy-Fish-x

Verity Has This Lump Thing..

Thanks guys :)

I think she's in quite a lot of pain still, she's still sat on top of the filter and wont swim anywhere.. whats annoying is, she is sat with her good side facing me, so I cant have a good look at the wound unless I poke her out of the corner.

Wow Lucy she looks a hundred percent better. You did a really good job. I agree with Mr.B, you should get the Kokos fish surgeon award. She may be in some pain from the procedure maybe why she is not too active right now. But I bet she is glad that all that stuff is gone. I would make sure to put more neosporin on her wound for the next few days as well as the melafix in the water. Should heal up well. Good luck Lucy and Verity.

Thankyou Kris :heart

She seems a bit better, I saw her have a quick swim around the tank today, then she went back to resting on the filter.

I'll have to have a closer look at the lump tomorrow, to make sure its not infected.

URGENT advice please. got Lucy on the mobile - she cannot get online and Verity is pineconing!!!

What should she do???

Keep here on the phone. I just pm'd your last post to one of the helpers who is online right now

Thanks... she wants to know if she should salt? she's just doing a water change.

I just pm'd Devs ( she went off line before she got the message) So I noticed Laurie P is on line right now and I pm'd her

I may be wrong but I think she needs antibiotics in the water. Hopefully Laurie P will see the pm I just sent her and be able to help you out.

cheers, she has done water change, temp is set to 27C, in water is melafix.

Sorry, i went for a bath

Anyone around now? If Lucy is still available ask her to phone me.

I wouldnt salt as the meds might react with it.

Whats going on now?

Oh no :( Try antibiotics in the water...melafix is most likely not strong enough. If she's eating, try feeding her EPSOM salt embedded in a pea. Poor little Verity.

cheers sands i'll tell her.

she's doing water change and setting heater last i heard. not had a text for a bit. i'll pass on ya #

I did

I believe she is pineconing, so the best for that is epsom salt at 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons.

Set temp to 82c

I believe as well that stress is a major factor for dropsy in bettas so the last couple of days have been really tough on her.

Ive talked toLucy and she hasnt any epsom salt but she has maracyn in there which is better than melafix.

Poor little thing wont eat the medigold so shes going with the bloodworm for now to tempt her and raise the temp.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

So sorry I just got the message. I must've been just leaving as it came in.

Hopefully Sandy can pull you thru, I know nothing of helping a betta thru pineconing. My knowledge of them is very little.

Lucy I so hope he pulls thru for you.

aw thanks everyone :heart

Verity is still alive, pineconing is a little worse I think.. I'm not really sure.

She ate loads of bloodworm last night, which means she is just being fussy about the medigold.. I might try and get some in her using the 'hide it in a pea' method Kissy suggested :)

I'm going to go and find some epsom salt.

Im pleased she got through the night Lucy.

I hope its just the stress thats doing this.