My New 20 Gal Tank

koko

• Admin

I had to take down the nanoreef tank due to TD and I broke the hood light to the tank, well Dede had died and I didnt want to add another goldfish to the tank I thought it would be better to let the SW tank have more room....

So heres the new tank :heart

post-1-1152392074_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392082_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392096_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392107_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392121_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392133_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392145_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392158_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392170_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392181_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392204_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392228_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392234_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392297_thumb.jpg

post-1-1152392317_thumb.jpg

• Admin

At first a pain cause of the sand debri and I couldnt get the fish into the tank right away and I was so worried about the temp but as you can see they are doing great.....

I dont have a pistal shrimp any more he was snapping at my hermits and killing them. I also found another bad crab when I was cleaning and got rid of that (3 of them I found so far). but the tank now is doing so much better. :heart

Wow nice and you are so brave. Between the cost and the work involved with a salt I dont think Ill ever have one.

Supper Tank. :wub:

:fishtank:

• Admin

Cost yep thats a big one but you add alittle at a time, and the mushroom and some other critters will grow and take over the tank...

I have learned so much over the last almost 2 years of having a saltwater tank. Its a little harder than goldfish with the additives in the tank.... but I do have to agree the bigger the tank the easier it is to take care of :D

• Admin

Oh it does especially with hamster in that tank....That's the giant hermit in there, he will fling anything that gets in his way..... :yikes

The size is deceiving - it looks much bigger then a 20 gallon. I can't believe how established it looks - it's wonderful :D

I with i could afford to get a marine setup. I gave it serious thought and hopped over to eBay to have a look at established tanks for sale and even on eBay, they're no less then $800 :yikes

I think I'll continue to live vicariously through you and others who have them :D

It looks awesome. :) It's so good to see your pics koko- I didn't know you had SW..I too wanna see a pic of that Mr Hermit- he sounds a hoot :rofl

Your tank is beautiful Koko. My brother has a saltwater tank with two clowns. I always wanted one myself after seeing his. His has lots of green algae. Congrats on your new tank and birthday present from TD

aw how perfect! oh look its nemo! lol ive always wanted a marine tank but i always thought it would be too much work. i have a 20 and i swear this tank looks way bigger. maybe its just the setup that makes it look bigger though. is every like coral and stuff alive/real?

Edited by Stacyy

• Admin

ohh. where did you get all the corals and stuff?

I got them at a LFS here that also supplies me with the salt water already mixed....

just to all let you know what is in there with fish :D

2 perc clowns: Elvis and Priscella

1 Watchman goby

1 Fire red Shrimp

1 Banned shrimp

1 Emerald crab

and 5 small hermits and one Giant hermit named Hamster :D

3 Sand snails and 1 turbo snail.

The tank is run as a live rock and live sand tank.....All coral and plants are real.....

Mushrooms, polyps, Ricordia, Xenia, Sea squirt, Sponge, soft leather and star polyps. Oh and tuns of feather dusters in there that came with the rock :D

I have a 165 watt light running, with a Bak Pak skimmer with filter also a power head on the other side for water movement in the tank. Water changes once a week of 20%.

Additives: Element trace, Calcium, Alk, Iodine and Strontium :D

oh my gosh thats amazing! my petsore has one with all real corals and its just so beautiful watching them flow with the water current its beautiful! did you just put them in or did you have to wait like till they acclimatized in a quarantine or something?

• Admin

Most of these guys I have had for 2 years now, When i buy a new one I always float them just like goldfish, then I let alittle bit of water in the bag, let it sit for 5 mins do this 3 times and then place them in the tank :D this way they dont get shocked, Also I always ask the LFS what there PH level is so that I know how long to float them :D

• Admin

Yep everyone gets the same treatment..... 90% of the coral and inverts are very hardy in this tank, I have one xenia that is more tempermental than the rest...... :heart