Why Did My Fish Die?

Guest Nevie

Guest Nevie

About 6 days ago, my friend gave me a black moor goldfish, I was taking great care of it too, when this morning i went to feed it and found the snail had half of the goldfish's body in it's mouth (its a big snail) Later i went to examine it after the snail had decided that it couldnt eat it all. I do not know why the fish died, it was perfectly fine the days before. Im guessing few of these reasons:

1.I suspect it was bought from w-a-l-m-a-r-t.

2.The temperature, do black moors live well in hot temperatures? Its at an all-time high right now where i live.

3.I changed the water the day before for the first time. I've kept aqutic animals before, so i dont think that i did anything wrong here...

4. the food/ all i have was tetraflakes..

5. it was a really big snail, can snails actually atttack fish? I noticed this one had a partucular fondness for this fish, which was weird...

I mean, ive kept those Aquababies minnows alive for two years, i dont know what went wrong with this fish! I would appreciate if someone could give me some informaton, so i dont repeat any mistakes.

Edited by Nevie

Guest WinstonSmith1984

It probably had a pre exisiting disease that you didn't know about.The store you mentioned,I will not repeat it,but I have bought most my fish there and they are alright.I don't think that the snail got him-Winston.

Could you answer as much from the box above as possible please. A healthy fish can escape a snail unless its been sleeping on the gravel but to actually kill it is rare.

Every single black moore I have bought has died. While everything else is alive and well. Maybe its a black moore thing?