Question About Spot On Fish

Guest Fish Lady

Guest Fish Lady

I have a black moore with a spot on his back. Looked like a small white tumor of some kind. Was not there yesterday when I did water change. Saw it this evening about 6:00. Put him in hospital tank with melafix, went to check on him about 15 minutes later and white spot was gone. It was then a small pink spot with a small hole in the middle. Looks like white spot came off?? That is him in the first picture. Looks like it is getting better already, but what might it have been?? Do I need to treat tank with anything else?

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level? 40 yesterday - did a 30% water change

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap? 7.6

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 55 gallons

What is the name and size of the filter/s? Top fin 60 and another small filter rated for 20 gal

How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly 30%

How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 Black Moore and 2 small striped raphael

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

Any medications added to the tank? Switched fish to 10 gallon hospital tank and added melafix

Add any new fish to the tank? No

What do you feed your fish? Flakes, Pellets, dried shrimp, once in a while dried bloodworms

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of saltbloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Small white growth, looked like a small tumor, now gone.

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, ect..? No

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/sku...orewithSpot.jpg

(Just an update on Gimpy. He is the fish that I have that had his eye sucked out by a Koi. He is doing much better. Here is a picture of him. You can hardly tell that he doesn't have an eye on this side! You can only tell when you look at him from the front. You can also see his bent front fin. That is why I call him Gimpy.)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/sku...0Fish/Gimpy.jpg

Edited by Fish Lady