My Sunfish Collection

Here is my longear sunfish, great little fish and without a doubt probably the most beautiful fish I own. He eats like a horse and was mailed to me from Ohio (cannot collect my own in NY, listed as threatened). He even eats pellets, among other things. The pictures DO NOT do this fish justice.

longear2.jpg

longear.jpg

lear.jpg

Here is my little rockbass I collected a couple months back. He has been doing great but still won't eat dry foods, only live or frozen. I have been feeding him some frozen food or another several times a day, sometimes six. This fish is a lot like an oscar in terms of personality. Not a lot of pictures of him, he hides in that red plant there a lot.

litlerock.jpg

Here is the pumpkinseed, I have had him for almost a year, he will eat flakes but not pellets yet. He is also very oscar-like and follows me around the tank. It's actually pretty hard to take a pic of him because whenever I am near the tank he looks directly at me. He is somewhat aggresive towards the catfish but otherwise a great fish.

Here is a photo of him when I caught him in August 2005

firstseed.jpg

Here he is last night

bigseed.jpg

seedy.jpg

hey.jpg

Great pics sandtiger.Especially liked the ones of your new fish.I'm sure you will get better shots of him in the future. :)

I think it's really neat that you keep native fish and sometimes catch your own. The sunfish is lovely and I can imagine that irridesence all over the body when in the right light.

Guest DPFHPRES

Nice fish I have kept natives and they have the best personalitys I even had some trout that would eat out of my hand. I think big rock bass look alot like jack dempseys. I had a 14 inch bass in a tank over a winter too he was a great fish.

Guest Mfish

Very interestin idea to keep sunfish.

I like it. Do they act like SA Cichilds? I know you said like oscars, but they are much smaller looks like. Cool. :)

:) Very preatty! How big will they get?

The rockbass about a foot long, the pumpkinseed 8" and the longear 6".

Very interestin idea to keep sunfish.

I like it. Do they act like SA Cichilds? I know you said like oscars, but they are much smaller looks like. Cool. :)

They do act a lot like cichlids, most of them are a bit more mean though.

Archived