Poop Problem!

lopichu

I have 3 koi and a Common goldfish together and when they poo, their poop is like the size of goldfish pellets and there a little bits and pieces. This occured recently and I had been feeding them koi and goldfish pellets.

When they swim around, they move the poop and I can see the bits everywhere (its like seeing dust in the air), I was wondering if there was anything wrong with them.

That actually sounds like good - heathy poo..... goldfish waste should be tubular, in short pieces kind of shaped like food pellets - and the same color as whatever food you are feeding.

:)

I have had my goldfish for a lot time, and it used to poop "longer" poo and not as "messy", so could it be the food (the koi pellets are new to it)that is making it poop differently?

Longer poop can mean constipation or a poor diet. But like Daryl said, what you have now sounds normal. What kind of food are you feeding them now?