Sign in to follow this  
Guest red13x

West Sussex Goldies Re-home! Desperate!

Guest red13x

I moved out from my parent?s house about a year ago, but the place I went would not allow me to have a 5ft fish tank or any water as it is above a restaurant. This wasn?t great but my parents let me keep the fish at their place which was preferable to getting rid of them.

My parents have now decided they want to move and cannot house the tank. I have managed to re-home my common and comets in a friends pond, they are happy, but I have 5 gorgeous fantails that I am scared to sell or give away because there is no one I trust.

But I know anyone on this website is likely to be a mad fish lover like me and may be able to help me by taking them on and maybe if I am even luckier, they might let me know how they are getting on etc over time.

I have 5 as I said and I will put pictures up soon, but here is a general description:

Shadow: Black Moore, Male, 4 years old, one eye slightly bigger than the other but he is lovely and his colour is great and silky looking.

Hermes: Red Oranda Lion Head, Female, 4 years old, lovely lady with a sweet temperament.

Nemo: Blue Oranda, Sex unknown although she is likely to be female, 3 years old, has a kink in her front fin which is why she is called Nemo.

Daisey: Red and White Oranda, Female, 2 years old, very pretty little thing, looks very feminine and dainty.

Smarties: Calico Ranchu, Sex unknown although likely male, 1 years old, sweet little thing who hasn?t yet started breeding!

If anyone would like to take them on, I would be really grateful. All fish are healthy :heart but they are showing signs of boredom due to lack of any visible contact from anyone as they are on their own all the time.

Please let me know!

:please

Hayley

I have a spare tank which would house 2 of your fish.However problem would be transporting the fish.I would love to take on all your fish but I would be overstocking my tanks.I don't know if this is any help or if you would prefer them all rehomed together.Perhaps there is a member living nearer to you who could help out.

Edited by Blue

It's such a shame you have to let your fish go, but it sounds like it's your only option. Poor you :(

We do have a few members from the South East so hopefully they wil see your post and maybe someone can help you out

Good luck :)

oooooh my gawd, this is one of those times when I really wish I wasnt overstocked! :( I live so close too!

I'm hoping to upgrade my tank around august, so might be able to take one.. if you still have one needing a home then i'd be happy to take him/her. But right now its just not possible.

Guest red13x

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

I have 2 weeks before my parents move now so things are tight... I am thinking of taking them to the Wyvale garden centre as they offer to look after fish for people for a time. I am wondering how expensive that is, but hoping it is a last resort.

My dad does not understand the bond you can get with your fish, so all I get from him is "When are you going to get rid of them bloody fish then?" It drives me mad. I refuse to talk about it with him because it just upsets me and we argue.

ARGH! Anyway... I will keep hoping and will keep you all updated. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. :cry1

Is the Wyvales near you the chichester one? if it is, that is a good one as a last resort.. although the fish would still pick up some sort of parasite or something as there is a central filtration system so they will be sharing water with all the shop goldfish :unsure:

I've emailed you by the way, I might be able to work something out for a couple of the fish :)

I would have gladly taken these beauties! Until I realized that you are in Sussex UK! I'm in Sussex county , Delaware USA.. :blink:

I will gladly take 1 of your fish, It doesnt matter what one. PLEASE e-mail me at jrgoodare@milwpc.com. give me some general info on where you live and ill see what i can do. :) Do you live in the U.S.A??? I live in the U.S.A.

Edited by Fuzzy Peaches

Fuzzy Peaches, she is in the UK, so too far for us Americans to benefit/help. Too bad though, the fish sound beautiful!

Edited by jen626

Guest red13x

Thanks guys for your replies again! At least I know there is a Sussex in USA now, but I am firmly stuck in the UK.

I have to admit that I am trying to see if I can keep at least Shadow and Hermes as I have had them both for ages, Shadow the longest. I hate going to my parents to clean them out because it just makes me want to keep them more, but I can't! :cry1

I am still looking... :listen:

Thanks by the way to x-Lucy-Fish-x who has offered to take 1 or 2 for a short while. I will keep this in mind if I am unable to temp house all in one place. :) Also, if I was to take them to Wyvale it would be the one near me in the Durrington/Goring region.

Thanks again to everyone.

PS(I will get some pics on soon, I promise!)

I hope you can get them all rehomed soon. It is such a shame you have let them go, is there absolutely no way you can keep them? It must be soo hard for you, I don't think I could let mine go now they are too much a part of my life now. Keep us posted, we all hope there will be a happy ending for your fishies and you! Good luck! :)

Glad you got my email, umm, if you send a reply, let me know on this thread as the email system I use really sucks and half the time I dont get emails sent to me, so I can tell you to send it again if I dont recieve it.. sorry 'bout that :unsure::)