Diving In Hawaii!

Reef Man

Guest happy2share

Okay Reef Man . . . here I sit in my office with the window view of a metal staircase and I am already jealous that you are diving in Hawaii and THEN you go and swim with sea turtles??? That is just toooooo much! :thud Ha ha ha. Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks like you had quite a dive!

Guest happy2share

That might scare some people off, but not me! I am now even MORE jealous than before! Thanks alot! Talk about an adrenaline rush! Did I mention my view of the staircase? :yawn LOL.

Yeah....that is the way I feel about it also.....

JFYI....In the second picture of the shark you can see that it is a "Black Tip Reef Shark"...they get about 6 feet long and are generally not aggressive to men.... but they have attacked and shouldn't be provoked....Believe me I didn't provoke him!!!! :)

:) O.K. you had me there in the water with the sea turtle until the shark swam by. It was a shark right. I'm sorry, I have been scared for life from "Jaws"! Came out when I was spending every weekend at the beach. Never quite trusted that cold water of R.I. again. :krazy:

However, your pics are great!

Oh, did I mention that I'm looking at the beach here in El Paso? Lots and lots of beach, just no water!!

:) O.K. you had me there in the water with the sea turtle until the shark swam by. It was a shark right. I'm sorry, I have been scared for life from "Jaws"! Came out when I was spending every weekend at the beach. Never quite trusted that cold water of R.I. again. :krazy:

However, your pics are great!

Oh, did I mention that I'm looking at the beach here in El Paso? Lots and lots of beach, just no water!!

It was a "Black Tip Reef Shark"...they get about 6 feet long, not to scarry.... It wasn't a "Great White"... I would have been out of the water if it was!!!!! :lol:

Oh? my heart is breaking? you are living my dream!!! :)

Those are amazing shots?look at the tangs, and the butterflies?in the wild where they belong! I am so jealous! And the corals and urchins. And the SEA TURTLE?you are so very fortunate to have seen all these guys out in the wild like that. I have wanted to go back to Hawaii for 9 years, after visiting in 1997. I am this close to wanting to just move there!!

What kind of camera did you use for those shots? They came out well!

Yeah,,,,they turned out very nice....I just have a cheep underwater camera...it works real well in the shallow reefs....0-40 feet....I am going to get a nice underwater case for my E-Volt...but have to wait and recover from the vacation costs before I do that!!!! :)

Well -had to come over and take a look at this! I knew they would be great shots from you and they are!

It must have been fantastic, did you get lots of tank ideas? Bet you were tempted to bring some of those fish home :lol: !

Vmlola- your beach! (that's the desert right?!) :rofl

:D One word, Wow!!! They were some fantastic pic's. I too have a dream of being able to do that.How lucky for you that you had the opportunity. :D Thanks for sharing.

:yikes Wow Ron,that's alot of pics! :lol: You may be better off just giving us a link to the site that you host them on. That would save you a ton of time and us alot of space! :lol:

• Admin

Dude that is just so incredible.... :heart .... thats one thing I want to do in my life to see hawaii and to go to the great barrier reef.....

That shark is so incredible, I love to see them but man to be in the water with them would give me the chills :yikes

As long as they don't bite you...it's not too bad. You just have to keep an eye on them...they are curious and will approach and as you can see they will get close sometimes...but I turned to face him and he left the area....I must have that effect on things!!!! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...