Exciting Day?hermit Crabs Breeding!

jsrtist

Hi Irene! I am very interested in seeing what you have accomplished with your crab farm!!! Have you posted this on any hermit crab specific sites, too?

You can go to http://s30.photobucket.com/ and register a free account. That's what I use for all of mine. I think You can even edit the photos on there. Please post and let us see what you have.

What species of hermit crabs do you have? My crab zoea were clear and beige colored, not orange, so I'd be very interested to see yours.

Guest Irene

Hi, i'm currently preparing a new habitat and an album for my crabs. will show all once it's ready. btw, can anyone tell me from my earlier crab photos what species they belong. most appreciate the help to identify them so that i can put them together according to their species. Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Now THAT is the way to keep hermit crabs!! They mostly appear to be Coenobita perlatus or Strawberry hermits. They do seem to be more delicate than other species and do have special needs, one of which is making sure they have deep saltwater pools where they can completely submerge.