Fin Help Please?

Guest pixiemoon

Guest pixiemoon

Hi everyone.i bought a Ryukin a few days ago and sadly he had finrot(the fish shop is a terrible place with bad reputation)luckily he is still in quarantine,and i shouldve paid more attention when selecting him(blinded by his lovely markings)now i hopefully have cured it as the redmness is gone but also so has half of one of his pectoral fins.would this maybe grow back with time?im changing the water in his hostpital tank daily.i treated him with interpet finrot and fungus control and it seems to have worked*touch wood*do fins and/or missing scales grow back with time i just wondered?

Hi Pixie, the scales should come back and possibly the fin. It is best to keep them in perfect water so if the fin can heal it will. Give it time though.

If you want to post your water params and environment we can help to "tweak" it if you would like.

Salt also helps, I would run a 0.1% concentration. Are you familar with salt?

Guest pixiemoon

Thanks very much Laurie,yes i am familiar with salt and i have been complimenting the fin rot treatment with a dose of aquarium salt-i am also changing his hostpital tank water daily to keep things extra fresh plus he has great filtration in there so im hoping he will grow his fin back.thank good ness he seems very healthy still,i have placed the hostpital tank next to the regular tank and his friends seem to visit the glass and they all chase each other-how cute.And people say fish are dumb???♥