Georgie Boy (chewy's Son)

Erika

Here he is Devs!! No where big as his mother, but thriving. He loves my gel food too. I'm wanting to put him back out in the pond since he's so happy, but until the water is 100% cycled, he's rooming with Elvis. He's such a friendly guy too.

DSCF2265.jpg

I just took both of these today, but you'll recognize his "famous pose" in this one.... hehe.

DSCF2266.jpg

Well I got Gary from Heather..So Im not totally sure who Gary's momma is? Your Chewy and Gary look exactly the same, Almost the same size as well..Gary has grown quite a bit since Iv'e had him.

Here's Gary last Spring/Summer......

Picture009.jpg

Sorry the pic is so big, I can't get it to size down anymore than it is.

Edited by froggydella

You mean my Georgie?

Well, if you got Gary from Heather, I'm almost 100% positive that he's a Chewy baby, which would make George and Gary brothers. Crazy snails........

Devs, how IS Chewy?!

Georgie is looking great!!! :heart My family and all......-brought a tear to this old woman's eyes. :lol:

That Chewy is something else!.She went through this awful ph prob when all the Bristle babies showed up,and you know how that goes-once their shells deteriorate they look like crap forever.Anyway A little while back,I had put Chewy and a bunch of Brigs into a big Tupperware tub,and she was starting to do a little better,however I came home from work one morning only to find that the heater exploded killing more than3/4 of my Apple Snails. :cry1 She looked bad for a while,but she made it,and seems to be doing okay.The old dang Snail has a bunch of new growth,and since I put her in a tank with the last of my other snails,she keeps "hookin up" and trying to add more Chewies~! :rofl Love Georgie K :heart He lets it all hang out just like his shameless mother. :tomuch::rofl3

well....................... they might be brothers Dells..... who is Gary's mother?

They are Brothers of course,and Chewy is the only Mama around these parts! :rofl

Aw.... Sharon, that snail is so special to me even though I've only seen pics and heard stories. She's definetly a legend, and I'm proud to have some of her genes here in Illinois. George is such a big part of my fish life and I love him dearly...... except when he chews the tank lid or tries to eat silk plants. He's so funny out in the pond too. He never sleeps, constantly on the go, day in and day out.

Chewy looks like she has a penis in that first picture!!!! :o

Oh! and I just checked water params in the pond....... nitrites are FINALLY down to .25!!!!!!! OMG I"M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!! You think that's safe for him yet?

:lol: I'll tell you,the average life span from what I've read is about 2 years or so.I've had Chewy for almost 2 1/2 years,so I always worry about that,and if something would happen to her,I'm pretty sure that I'd be crushed.I love that snail! :heart