Sign in to follow this  
svendenhowser

Screwed Up Seasons..

Anyway so in the past few weeks i've noticed my fish bringing out their breeding stars and i'm like yay cool, but err.. its the beginning of winter, not spring guys, put it back in your pants!

But no.. they've picked out their victim and i've certainly got more males to females! I dont know whether i should pair my ryukin and lionhead to make some babies? and just keep a couple or just let them eat the eggs. I have room for about 3-4 more fish in my 110gallon.

Anyway heres pics of the action :)

follow the leader..

root%20005.jpg

do dee doo doo.. nothing to see here!

root%20012.jpg

WAIT FOR MEE!!!

root%20018a.jpg

male cufuffle ;)

root%20028.jpg

It wont let me edit the post, but its not a ryukin i want to breed her with, its a ranchu :P Butt Pirate!

Well i separated them (another procrastination from study attempt) and we'll see how they go!

Edit: oh man how algaefied is my tank! meh.. its too hard to reach the back :P at least the front plane is clean!

Edited by svendenhowser

And we have liftoff!!!

root%20034.jpg

root%20036.jpg

I hope no one is offended by these pics.. delete my thread if it is, i was so excited i showed brendan, he said i was disturbed... Can't i be excited about babies!!?

I think the pics are cool, I have never seen gf breed (other than videos and such on here) so I always like to see pictures! Thank you. If people are in the Gf breeding forum and are offended by pics of gf breeding...well...what can I say?

You must be in Autralia or something for it to be winter there?

Edited by jen626

Thanks jen :) Yea i'm in brisbane, queensland, we have a pretty mild winter (daily avg like 25celcius), but its been fairly constant, i dont know where they got this behaviour from... Woke up this morning and the little ranchu is still at it, but hes like 1/2 the size of the female :P i'm thinkin its gonna take a looong time for him to wear out the female so she releases eggs :P But we'll see, even if they dont lay eggs, i wont be dissapointed :)

Thats really interesting! Thanks for posting them. :)

My lemonhead(female) and orange ryukin(male) have been also displaying this behavior. Do they have to be seperated from the others to actually "get the deed done"?

Guest JamieDaniel

I live on the Central Coast of NSW Australia and my fish have begun starting to show signs of breeding (my males have white spots on their gills) and its winter!

Naa glitterfish you dont have to separate them, i only did because 3 other males were trying to get in with the catch, but the other fish have quite dominant genes, so i probably wouldn't get many if any, lionheads out of it. So i decided to separate them and pair the ranchu and lionhead.

Hey jamie! *waves* Another aussie!

Edited by svendenhowser

Guest Miss Helena

Yes me too! I'm in Adelaide Australia and one of my females is dropping eggs! I thought she was looking a bit "fat". My older/bigger female isn't though....I thought it was odd too, being winter, but they are in my dining/living room with the gas heater on quite a bit, so the water might be a bit warm.

Cheers, Helen

If you can't post pictures of breeding goldfish in the breeding section, then I don't know where else! :lol: They are always welcome here.

And what a splendid step to pair the ranchu together - that way you won't get as much oddities than a ranchu/ryukin mix. Although still possible, and very likely, to find quite a few fry with dorsal fins. Ranchu just don't seem to be in charge of the gen pool these days... :lol: