Back Grounds For Fish Tank?

lepperchan

Guest ClownKnife

Got the tank in and full of water. I used 16 bags of florite (man it took a long time to rinse) and 100 lbs. of play sand. It took about two weeks to completly clear up. I use the silver 20 then backed it with a dark 5% film (limo tint). It isn't as silver as I thought it was going to be but there is no turning back now. It almost looks like the one in your pic koko.

I'll post pics when I get them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

i just use pieces of construction paper taped to the corners. it is easier to get off than hot glue if you were to be using the cloth idea. my sister had the idea of putting window clings on the back of the tank if it is possible to find fish related clings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fabric for my background.....since i love spongebob so much, i went to the craft dept. of nnnnnn and bought a piece fabric with spongebob and patric on it and just taped it to the back........it kinda looks like curtains though! LOL

• 3 months later...

I have tried all sorts of things(wasted alot of ink) keep on getting wet and or the lamnation won't stick to the tank well or has bubles or whatever. so i think im gonna try an algee back ground :) and just not clean the back of my tank... im hopen it will grow kinda cool like...

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Has anyone just painted the backs of their tanks with a plain colour? I've seen it in one fish shop and it looks pretty cool. (they painted theirs blue)

What sort of paint should I use? and if i don't like it does it take an eternity to get off?

Acrylic or latex paint is the best to use (not oil based!). When dry, its waterproof but its easy to peel off when you want to. All it takes is a new pack of straight razors and some diligence.

If i remember correctly, we have a member or two here that painted swirls and designs on the back panels of glass. Maybe JSrtist? I can't remember who....... :unsure:

Hope this helps! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived