Back Grounds For Fish Tank?

lepperchan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin

My tanks had the. Only one tank has it now. I will get some photos of Dedes tank shes the only one with it now. It would depend on the kind of tint you would use to cut down the UV light coming into the tank. :D

Yep your right Chelsea its only the back and the side glass that is tinted. The nice thing about it is that its fits really close to the glass so that you don't get a refection off of it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ClownKnife

I am a member on koko's hubbies board and was just kicking around the idea of putting a reflective siver film on the back of the tank. It would be better than the paper pictures because it actually adhears to the glass instead of being taped. The fish splashing and water running down the back inbetween the paper and the glass would stain the glass and I could not move the tank to clean it with the paper picture backround.

KoKo have you seen one done with a silver 20? Ask Mr. Wellman if he has seen one done or better yet if you have a small tank have him tint it with a silver 20 and take a pic so I can see what it looks like. That would be really really nice of you guys.

Man Tinting and Fish it doesn't get any better than this. Can I sleep over at your house koko? I will be in CA next week. :zz

• Admin

:rofl ......I see you would get both worlds. Tinting and Goldfish all at once :rofl ........We haven't done the silver before but I got an empty 10 gal tank that would could tint half if it and then Ill get some photos for you.

All my tanks that have tint on them aren't taped up there actually tinted. There are two tanks in the home with that. The other two either have a fake back ground or taped black t-shirts on the back. I was to lazy on that tank.

Guest ClownKnife

Hey KoKo have you had a chance to see how a silver20 film would look on the back

back of a tank? I am in CA now and have been visiting tintshops/fish stores. The

I forgot how many nice aquarium shops there are here.

• Admin

Well TD forgot to get me some Silver tint he had it in the back of my car but never got some for the tank. He says hes sorry and will try to get it done this week.

YEah there are alot of LFS stores but trying to find a good goldfish one is the hard part. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ClownKnife

I'm getting ready to move the tank into the house tomarrow. I have decided to go with just a dark tinted (5%) backround. I think the silver will look to buisy/cheesey. Tell TD not to waste any time on my account. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a very good idea (making your own backgrounds) but what kind of pictures would you choose? I don't really understand how a small picture could become a high quality (not fuzzy) image large enough for the back of a tank.

I was looking at posters for tanks too, but I couldn't find anything I liked :(

• 1 month later...

All very cool ideas! I have a weird shaped tank, so I bought cheap watercolors at drugstore, and painted paper and taped. Works real good if you are artistic. Water colors are cool cuz you can make it look really different if the paper is kinda wet, like streaky sunset like.

Something else I just thought of, would be placemats, especially if they are laminated and a cool design.

I love the cloth idea. That's what I've always done. I have a beautiful blue piece of material that has a sort of tie-dyed effect with a pattern of sort of squigglies in white. I like having not a super dark background, but something dark enough to create a little shadow, I think that it contributes to the hiding areas in the back of the tank.

:)

--Sarah

Archived