Back Grounds For Fish Tank?

lepperchan

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with creating a back ground on a computer useing photoShop or something and then just printed it out, Given that it would take alot a paper, and ink, it would be kinda cool to have a different back ground every month or so? If anyone is interested i might be able to piddle around alittle bit in my spare time... or if anyone has alrdy done this, i would love to download it or get it Emailed to me....

So Reply if anyone is interested... Cheers

DPG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have a printer big enough to print one that would work on my 75. :lol I was thinking of using some material next time. That way I can take it off and throw it in the wash when I needed to. But I am kind of getting use to the bare backs so may keep it this way for a while longer makes the tank seem larger somehow.

Hey guys,

I am glad you guys like the idea, i didn't realize that fantailfan alrdy thought of it, but regard less, If people could send me Picts of Coral, Fish, Plants from their tank, or what ever picture you would want(in a background), in my spare time i would be happy to try and peice them together, and fool around a little bit and make some cool back grounds.

Cheers... Glad people like te idea :D

DPG

IT all depends on the pictures i get from people, my dig camera kinda blows so... but mm if you have any picts and want to send them, Lepperchan4@netscape.net

And yea it will be all good, i look forward to seeing what you all can come up with...

Cheers

DPG

Rather than use paper, I go to nnnnnn and dig through their $1/yd cloth. Get a good amount of it, cut it to the back of the tank and hot glue it. I don't have to worry about it being ruined by water and they have some good looking patterns, as well as black!

yeah but when i put my background on last time i tried using hot glue...but it dried too fast and then i had a forever of a time peeling it off...plus you could see it and it looked bad being able to see it.

:( I haven't gotten any pictures from anyone, if someone sent any tell me i will give out my email again(lepperchan4@netscape.net), but more simpler idea i like the whole cloth idea, until i get some picts thats what im going to do i think, thanks for the tips any got anymore keep me informed...

Cheers

Chelsea, only add it to the corners. Also, don't use gobs of it. Small amounts will do... you have to really be ready to do it quickly though. I used cardboard/foil wrapped in black cloth for my boa's tank which is much much heavier than just cloth! You can also glue it to the black plastic bases of the tanks so that you don't see it on the glass, and then tape the sides.

Just some suggestions... = )

recently, i have tried expiramenting with a thick poster board they sell at nnnnnn. its BRILLIANT!! i used spray adhesive and no fastening is needed to keep it upright. since the back of my background is exposed to my wifes kitchen, i mounted reprints of pictures of my children on that side as well. nos she gets to look at the kiddies, and my fish swim in front of mt fuji.

I painted backgrounds on some of my glass tanks - I get overly crafty sometimes. :D Took me awhile to make it look decent since I had to paint in reverse. You could paint onto paper and then adhere it to the tank which would be easier. I painted right onto the tank.

P.S. Don't paint acrylic tanks.

Well I have had bad experiences trying to remove paint from tanks others have painted! But otherwise no. :) Acrylics are sensitive to what chemicals you put on them, and can turn whitish if you use the wrong thing, so I wouldn't risk the paint having something objectionable in it. Also, the paint will seep into the joints of the tank and is nearly impossible to get out, especially without using harsh strippers/cleaners which could also potentially damage the acrylic.

Guest ClownKnife

Don't have any photos sorry. Will come soon though.

KoKo I tinted one side of my tank that would get direct sun light in the morning thinking that this would help with keeping the algae growth down cause of the UV block.

It didn't work :lol:

Archived